[SOLVED] PSU Wattage

Mar 9, 2020
Hello all, question for you.. I'm having a new computer built and have a question about the size of the psu. This is not a gaming computer, just going to be used for normal home use / streaming movies / watching sports. The build consists of an Intel core i7-9700, ASRock H310CM ATX mobo, 16 gigs of ram along with a 1 TB wd blue m.2 ssd. other than that, just one optical drive ( dvd / cd rw ) three 120 mm fans and one 140 mm fan, a fan controller, older 24" monitor and several 2.0 and 3.0 usb ports. No designated video card. Is a 450 watt power supply sufficient... or should I up it to a 550. I've tried using a few of those PSU calculator's, but not sure how reliable they are.. I get different answers despite entering the same criteria each time. anyway, I feel like 450 is plenty, but would like your thoughts before proceeding.. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Mar 9, 2020
450w is plenty. That would run on 350w but I don’t know of any good quality 350w. Decent quality psu’s seem to start at 400-450w.
Thank you for the quick reply.. so I take it you don't think that's cutting it "close" at 450? I just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong.. I tend to over think everything so I want to make sure I don't go over kill either by going up to a 550 W. Thanks again.