[SOLVED] psu wattage

Solution
Solution

Samule1234

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_1938&item_id=162395

Spend $15 more and at least buy something that's half decent.

No one knows what that gigabyte model actually is, it could be anything.

You sure you're never going to add a GPU in the future??
It would make more sense to go for something with a bit more headroom if it's a possibility.
I'm sure i wont need a GPU this is a second system my primary has a 2070. Thank you for the suggestion.

Samule1234 In answer to your original question, generally a 400 watt power supply is enough for a 65 watt i5-9400. Question: Is this an existing prebuilt or something that you're personally building now? What is the purpose of this computer? Feel free to ignore my questions if they aren't relevant, it's just I wonder if you might have a deeper question underneath the surface of your original one.

Samule1234

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
Samule1234 In answer to your original question, generally a 400 watt power supply is enough for a 65 watt i5-9400. Question: Is this an existing prebuilt or something that you're personally building now? What is the purpose of this computer? Feel free to ignore my questions if they aren't relevant, it's just I wonder if you might have a deeper question underneath the surface of your original one.
Im building a new system for my dad. It will be used for writing emails, surfing the web, occasionally Youtube. No gaming. I already have the cpu and mobo (they are brand new) so i dont really want to change them but i am open to suggestions.

Samule1234

Prominent
Jul 10, 2020
I kind of wanted to have it built today so I was looking for PSUs that are in stock at my local Canada Computers