TheLonelyShrub

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
As the title suggests this morning when I went to turn on my computer there was an a loud pop/bang from the PSU, it also tripped the breakers for that room.
I've had problems recently turning on the computer, it would turn off instantly and would do this a few times before staying on, then today it went pop.
I'm know I'm going to have to get a new power supply, but I was wondering if I should be worried about any of the other parts of my computer being damaged as well. Also any suggestions as to why the psu blew would be appreciated.

Specs
  • CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2
  • MOBO: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX
  • RAM: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB
  • GPU: Gigabyte AORUS EXTREME 1080ti
  • PSU: Cooler Master - V Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum

Ferimer

Distinguished
As the title suggests this morning when I went to turn on my computer there was an a loud pop/bang from the PSU, it also tripped the breakers for that room.
I've had problems recently turning on the computer, it would turn off instantly and would do this a few times before staying on, then today it went pop.
I'm know I'm going to have to get a new power supply, but I was wondering if I should be worried about any of the other parts of my computer being damaged as well. Also any suggestions as to why the psu blew would be appreciated.

Specs
ANy overclocking?

Specs

So you typically turn the computer off from the wall or PSU after you shut down in Windows?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was wondering if I should be worried about any of the other parts of my computer being damaged as well.
YOU are the only one who is able to give a concrete answer for this, and no one else. You have to test everything.

Also any suggestions as to why the psu blew would be appreciated.
Hmm...
-shoddy wiring behind those walls
-the residence doesn't have a proper ground

Solution