Question PSU with case - Does it work?

Dec 21, 2019
I have a question about the following note I have been getting on PC Part Picker

ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.

A number of cases that I have looked at have USB 2.0 on the front of the case. The motherboard I am interested in, from what I can tell, has onboard USB 2.0 and 3.0 headers. Can I not just hook the front USB 2.0 to a USB 2.0 header that is on the board? Am I worrying too much about this "note" or am I missing something here. I have built a couple of PCs, but this is my first time using this program to pair things, so I get nervous whenever these notes come up.

Thanks.

bioax

Upstanding
Nov 30, 2019
You can just hook the USB 2.0 on to the usb 2.0 port. Even if you don't hook it up, it is not going to kill your computer. It just means that you can't use the usb ports in the front.

Reactions: JoBalz
Dec 21, 2019
You can just hook the USB 2.0 on to the usb 2.0 port. Even if you don't hook it up, it is not going to kill your computer. It just means that you can't use the usb ports in the front.
So if I follow correctly, should be able to hook the USB 2.0 ports from the front of the computer to one of the onboard headers on this motherboard?

Internal I/O Connectors on motherboard
Onboard USB2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)

Reactions: JoBalz

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS