Question PSU without coil whine? Need help with finding a replacement.

spat55

Distinguished
My EVGA Supernova P2 1000w started to fail and is currently in RMA status, bought a Corsair HX1000 to replace with although its got crazy coil whine (I can hear it from 2-3 meters away), I'm going to return it to Amazon and thinking about getting a different PSU, any advice? Preferably would rather it wasn't EVGA or Corsair if it could be helped, googling HX1000 coil whine seems to bring quite a few issues with other users which is why I'm reluctant to try another.

When my P2 was running well over the last 6 years it had no coil whine, the reason behind not wanting to go with EVGA is RMA in the UK is difficult with Brexit, I know Corsair at least have a UK RMA department with Scan which is why I've tried the HX 1000.

Price isn't that much of an issue to me, under £200 would be preferable with at least 850w capacity and a fan off when not under load.

spat55

Distinguished
To be direct I find it harder to find a PSU that has noticeable coil whine these days than one that does not. In general PSUs should not have noticeable coil whine and chances are high if you got the same PSU again it would be quiet.
Yeah I could return for and try a like for like swap, it's pretty difficult to find decent PSU's in the UK at the moment for a good price, wouldn't mind to try a Seasonic Prime PX 850w/1000w but those are harder to find.