[SOLVED] PSU Won't start up

Nov 6, 2020
As mentioned on the title, the PSU used to work just fine a couple of days ago, I tried to turn on my PC today and it was unresponsive.

I've done the paper clip jump start for the PSU and it turns on the fans, but once I plug it back on the motherboard and hit the power button it's still unresponsive.
Something important to address is that I had this happened to me 4 days ago, I just unplugged the PSU, left it on it's box for a couple of days and plugged it back in just yesterday and it worked as usual.
Just today it's unresponsive once again.
The motherboard and system works fine with another PSU. it's just this particullar PSU (Corsair CX750M) that goes unresponsive just suddenly.

Solution
Sounds like a fake CX750M. Corsair PSUs have never had bronze colored labels.

I suspect he's looking at the 80 Plus label.

OP, I mean the Corsair branding. Is it gray and black or does it have green? The latter is very old at this point while the former may well still be covered by warranty.
As mentioned on the title, the PSU used to work just fine a couple of days ago, I tried to turn on my PC today and it was unresponsive.

I've done the paper clip jump start for the PSU and it turns on the fans, but once I plug it back on the motherboard and hit the power button it's still unresponsive.
Something important to address is that I had this happened to me 4 days ago, I just unplugged the PSU, left it on it's box for a couple of days and plugged it back in just yesterday and it worked as usual.
Just today it's unresponsive once again.
The motherboard and system works fine with another PSU. it's just this particullar PSU (Corsair CX750M) that goes unresponsive just suddenly.

Sort of sounds like a motherboard issue.

What motherboard and how old is it?

Reactions: tolik1
Nov 6, 2020
Sort of sounds like a motherboard issue.

What motherboard and how old is it?

I've had this motherboard for about 8 years at this point, I know, it's quite old.
It still works with another PSU and same system configuration.

I suspect he's looking at the 80 Plus label.

OP, I mean the Corsair branding. Is it gray and black or does it have green? The latter is very old at this point while the former may well still be covered by warranty.

My bad. yes, it is a gray and black label on the PSU.

Just to address this issue quite further, I had the same brand and model PSU for about 2 years previously, it worked perfectly, and just about 5 months ago it started with the same issue i'm having with this PSU, I thought it was time to replace it, so I purchased another PSU (Same brand and model). I've had this one for just 3 months.