Psychonauts = amazing

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Yes, it's a third-person jumper, but I got to see a full build in action,
and the game is Tim Schafer with a capital T and S. Dialogue, music, humor,
sensibility, etc.

XBox (and months later, PS2 and PC).

Two words:

MUST BUY.

Jonah Falcon

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:58:47 GMT
"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's a third-person jumper, but I got to see a full build in action,
>
> and the game is Tim Schafer with a capital T and S. Dialogue, music,
> humor, sensibility, etc.
>
> XBox (and months later, PS2 and PC).
>
> Two words:
>
> MUST BUY.
>
> Jonah Falcon

I saw the trailer - sounds like they've got the guy who played Glottis to
do one of the voices for Psychonauts, which is probably a Good Sign.

"Thomas N McEwan" <captaininsanity@ONAYAMSPAY.uk2.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:58:47 GMT
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it's a third-person jumper, but I got to see a full build in action,
>>
>> and the game is Tim Schafer with a capital T and S. Dialogue, music,
>> humor, sensibility, etc.
>>
>> XBox (and months later, PS2 and PC).
>>
>> Two words:
>>
>> MUST BUY.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>

> I saw the trailer - sounds like they've got the guy who played Glottis to
> do one of the voices for Psychonauts, which is probably a Good Sign.

One of the levels, your character becomes a Japanese Movie Monster and
destroys a city. :D

Jonah Falcon

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

According to the publisher it will be a simultaneous PC and XBox
release in April. Not sure about PS2 though.

Stuart

<newsgroups@feldhamer.com> wrote in message
> According to the publisher it will be a simultaneous PC and XBox
> release in April. Not sure about PS2 though.

I was told by the developers there will be a PS2 version someday.

Jonah Falcon

On 2005-03-03, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

><newsgroups@feldhamer.com> wrote in message
>> According to the publisher it will be a simultaneous PC and XBox
>> release in April. Not sure about PS2 though.
>
> I was told by the developers there will be a PS2 version someday.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Why everybody thinks that this game has something to do with
adventures? Yes Tim Schafer is in development, but that's it.

--
Akis Foulidis

"The Dude abides..." -- The Dude

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

> Why everybody thinks that this game has something to do with
> adventures? Yes Tim Schafer is in development, but that's it.

Tim Schafer is one of the greatest games designers in the world, in my
opinion at least. All his most famous games to date have been adventures,
ergo there will be people on this group who appreciate his work and will
hence be interested in his latest release, be it adventure or not.