Question Psychotic laptop keyboard & mouse

Oct 28, 2019
I have a Acer Aspire V15 (V3-575T-71US) that is giving me fits.
When I boot it up, sometimes everything is fine but the mouse acts a bit weird when web browsing. It will not click/open some active tabs. Scrolls when I don't want it to. The immediately or after awhile 5 or 10 minutes, the keyboard no longer responds at all. The keyboard will not respond sometimes even in BIOS mode. Sometimes only the numeric part of the keyboard works. Sometimes I have to use Cortana to try to troubleshoot.
I have done:
  • Chkdisc - ok
  • Uninstalled all logitech s/w
  • DISM restore health thing
  • SFC scannow
  • it has the latest BIOS & W10 updates
  • checked for the latest drivers thru Device Mngr for the keyboards, mice & video, cpu...
  • Connected an external keyboard via USB - no go
I did replace the touch screen some months ago with a non touch screen, but it has been fine until recently.

Any suggestions? This thing is not that old to be having all these issues. I am beginning to suspect a chipset or other hard part issue.

Thanx for any suggestions.

-Bob

Oct 28, 2019
FTG- It is now happening as I boot the laptop. I have to use the ease of access on screen keyboard to enter the logon PW. So it is not just something loading down the system. I have gone back to a 3 week old restore point and that didn't help. Uninstalled the keyboards & mouse drivers. For some reason I can not get the Logitech s/w to uninstall. I keep getting an error, so I tried to manually uninstall it, but it still shows on the Control Panel Programs list. I am getting close to trying a W10 refresh, but I don't think that'll do it. Thanx - Bob

Oct 28, 2019
Good suggestion as I haven't gone there, but there is not a touchscreen line there.
It is weird that both the mouse & keyboard are messed up. The "view this thread" hot button in the Toms HW email I got showing your response, is recognized but the mouse curser, but I cannot left click on it to open the site. But I can right click on it to open it in a new tab. BUT BUT, on another part of the page or other sites, the left click works fine!!

Something(s) in the HID area is messed up to affect both devices (keyboard & Mouse).

Thanx for the response - Bob

Oct 28, 2019
Taking your idea a step further, I uninstalled all HID devices I could & then restarted the Acer.
This did not fix it. Keyboard doesn't respond immediately or works sometimes for awhile & then stops.
Mouse operation remains erratic. Scroll: doesn't work in some applications or flips pages as opposed to scrolling within a page.
I brought up the on screen keyboard & even it will not enter text into a online search box. It is like it doesn't recognize the blinking cusor is there & active. - Bob

Oct 28, 2019
FTG-
You won't believe what it was.
It was the tiny 40 pin connector that goes to the laptop display screen. I removed it, reinstalled it & now the computer works flawlessly. This laptop is supposed to be touch screen capable
It is amazing how integral & necessary it is to have a flawless video system (h/w & s/w).

-Bob