PUBG GTX 1060 6GB fps drops while GPU utilisation drops

Apr 17, 2018
Hello,my system specs:
Asus dual gtx 1060 6gb OC
Ryzen 2600x
B350 Tomahawk
16gb 3200MHZ Ram (2 x 8 gb)
Pubg installed on SSD

As average i get anywhere between 100-140 fps in pubg,but i notice a lot of fps drops associated with stuttering/jittery gameplay etc.
I pinpointed the problem to GPU utilisation drops.
On average,my gpu is used anywhere from 88-98%,but when i hotdrop in populated areas or i get in intense fights,my gpu utilisation drops to anywhere from 40-60% and fps drops to 60-70 which feels more like 30ish
Cpu is utilised like 25-40%,core 3 seems to always be over 80% while the rest of the cores are at 10-60%
Temps are max 75*C for GPU and CPU
I tried every setting,every fix i found on the internet,like:
-customising nvidia settings
-windows settings
-pubg settings (screen scale 100,anti aliasing ultra,textures medium,rest very low )
-drivers are up to date etc
I`d like to add that this is a brand new pc,like 2months old,and it worked flawlessly in any game that i played before pubg.
Anyone has an answer of why this happens and a potential fix? thank you

Solution
Your CPU has 6 Cores. The reason you don't see it go over 80% is because PUBG can only use 4 cores. It's maxing out the cores it's using, and you can't force it to use more cores. You can however, make sure your computer is in high performance mode in the settings. You can also limit the FPS to avoid the stuttering. That stuttering you are experiencing is a CPU bottleneck. You do have a great CPU, but PUBG isn't optimized well. It has a HUGE draw distance as well, which is extremely hard on the CPU. Again, I just recommend limiting the FPS in that game.
You are actually thinking about this the wrong way. Any time you run a game, the GPU will attempt to run at 100% usage constantly. Any time you see that the GPU falls bellow 100% usage, it is due to a bottleneck elsewhere in the system. If you saw a drop in FPS with GPU usage at 100%, that would indicate that it is the GPU, but as you have stated that is not what is happening here.

The likely cause of the FPS drop is your internet connection if you are playing online, though it could also be the CPU. Try to watch your CPU usage more closely and see if it peeks close to 100% usage when these FPS drops occur. Unfortunately, if it is your Internet connection, there may not be much you can do without paying out for a faster plan from your ISP.

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you for the answer
I watched Cpu usage around 2hours.Average cpu usage is 30%,average cores usage are around 20-30% and most of the time 2 cores run at anywhere from 70-90% fluctuating,but it never passed the 90% mark
Regarding internet connection,i have a very good connection,1000 mgbs,all other games run with around 20-40ms,so i dont think thats the issue

Your CPU has 6 Cores. The reason you don't see it go over 80% is because PUBG can only use 4 cores. It's maxing out the cores it's using, and you can't force it to use more cores. You can however, make sure your computer is in high performance mode in the settings. You can also limit the FPS to avoid the stuttering. That stuttering you are experiencing is a CPU bottleneck. You do have a great CPU, but PUBG isn't optimized well. It has a HUGE draw distance as well, which is extremely hard on the CPU. Again, I just recommend limiting the FPS in that game.

Solution