PUBG horrible fps from one day to another

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
Hi, thanks for helping me out with my problem, so i was playing pubg the day before yesterday and the game was running perfectly fine, with 60 fps on the same settings i always have, then, i turn my pc off and on the next day, im running pubg on 25 to 30 fps, not even by looking to the sky or ground (which gives me more fps) gives me more fps. Its like if the fps was locked or something, i do not know if it was the recent 24mb update but after that update, or after the day pubg was running good, but something is wrong there.

Solution

Yes. Just download steam and the AMD drivers. However... I need to warn you some games still save to a hard drive rather than to a cloud source. I would suggest using game saver manager to back up some saves to external media. I will provide the link to the program here http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ .

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
Sorry, i forgot to mention my specs, here goes:

GPU: Amd rx 370
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8 Core processor
RAM: 2x4 ram 8gbram

This is not happening to any of my friends and i think i will reset my pc to see if it does something, im getting 20 fps and it is unplayable, Not even by looking at the sky i will get more fps, its locked like to 37 or something.

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
I have everything on very low except anti aliasing and textures, which i got on medium, the day before yesterday i had these same settings but i keep getting bad fps till today with the same settings

yuichi03

Reputable
Feb 28, 2018

If you're talking about installing a fresh copy of Windows, which you mentioned 'reset', you should probably worry about your software, data and drivers since pubg can be easily reinstalled from Steam.

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
i dont care about my data, almost all i got on my pc is from steam so yeah, how can i not delete pubg and some files?? and what do i do with the drivers? do they get removed after reset?? how do i reinstall them

yuichi03

Reputable
Feb 28, 2018

If you're currently running Windows 7-10, there's nothing to worry about. And since you don't really care much about your personal data, you can go ahead and proceed to the reinstallation process. Either way, there's no way you can reinstall Windows without erasing pubg, because when you reinstall Windows, you're basically wiping your whole computer and reinstalling Windows, which by all means, you're starting from scratch.

yuichi03

Reputable
Feb 28, 2018
But what you can do is copy those Pubg files into a usb stick and then paste it back into the library after you're done reinstalling. But just out of curiousity, why are you worrying so much about erasing pubg? Bandwidth limit?

Cole_9

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Yes. Just download steam and the AMD drivers. However... I need to warn you some games still save to a hard drive rather than to a cloud source. I would suggest using game saver manager to back up some saves to external media. I will provide the link to the program here http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ .

Solution

Cole_9

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
game save manager backs up your game saves on physical media. Just install it and then scan for game saves. Tell the program to back up the game files to external media that you will not be erasing.