Question PUBG Low FPS decent system

Jul 10, 2019
Hey people,
I am currently struggeling with low fps when playing PUBG.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200
Game on SSD: Yes
Resolution: wqhd
Settings: middle
Monitor: wqhd 144hz gsync

I did already test the workload of cpu, facing about 50% workload (not a single core with more that 80%) and the gpu with a variety from 30-80%. Whats most annoying is the fact, that in some Locations i get about 30 fps with 30% workload.
Ich checked the temperatures as well.
CPU is never higher as 70° and gpu is never higher as 80°.
I tried overclocking the cpu to 3.8ghz but it didnt really make a difference.
Thats where my knowledge of findinf the problem stops for which i decided to ask you. :)
Hope you can help me
P.S
My friend with a less strong lineup gets more fps, while being in the same area

Abu Azme

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
same for me :

my cpu + gpu usage is 50-60 % while i play pubg , but my avg fps is lower than 100 , my screen is 180hz?
game settings is very low
3930k stock
gtx 1070
15 GB 2x8 1600mhz
z79p
SSD 120 samsung
win 10 pro x64

When you built this system did your install a fresh copy of Windows 10?
Did you upgrade the graphics card recently?
Did you check to make sure you have your memory modules installed into the appropriate dim slots according to the manual, so your motherboard can operate in dual channel?
Did you set power settings to high performance in windows 10 control panel?
If you do not have a reference model gtx 1080, are you using two dedicated power supply connectors or one psu cable with two connectors on the other end?
Did you set nvidia control panel to Maximum performance for the PUBG game profile?

Jul 10, 2019
When you built this system did your install a fresh copy of Windows 10? Yes
Did you upgrade the graphics card recently? Yes
Did you check to make sure you have your memory modules installed into the appropriate dim slots according to the manual, so your motherboard can operate in dual channel? I orded that system already finished, so I guess yes
Did you set power settings to high performance in windows 10 control panel? Yes
If you do not have a reference model gtx 1080, are you using two dedicated power supply connectors or one psu cable with two connectors on the other end? I have a Palit GTX 1080
Did you set nvidia control panel to Maximum performance for the PUBG game profile? Yes

Uninstall your nvidia drivers then go to this sight:
https://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html
Use this to remove any driver remnants from your last graphics card.
Then install the latest nvidia drivers from the website.
If you still have issue and swapping out the power supply to see if its defective does not resolve the issue, then it's likely poor game optimization of pubg in combination to the lack of single thread performance of your Ryzen 1600. This processor shouldn't be used for high refresh rate 1080p gaming.