Question PUBG Steam 720p locked

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hello,
As the title of the thread suggest,Im having issue in pubg pc(steam) since i changed the gpu from gtx 1050 to rx 570
Did a clean install using DDU ,Every game seems to be working fine but this is the only game which is locked to 720p ...
Causing bottleneck for my cpu..i've tried changing resolution from launch options but they're not working either..
Let me know what is causing this issue and how do i fix this...

Pc specs:
I7 3770
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Rx 570 4GB

View: https://imgur.com/kdCAKGl

Try changing the display mode to Fullscreen (Windowed) and/or borderless. Can you ALT+TAB from the game's window ?

Or, you can also go to PUBG Properties under the Steam, and then select and open the "Set Launch Options", and enter -windowed command here. What is the native resolution of your Monitor, as well as desktop ?

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Try changing the display mode to Fullscreen (Windowed) and/or borderless. Can you ALT+TAB from the game's window ?

Or, you can also go to PUBG Properties under the Steam, and then select and open the "Set Launch Options", and enter -windowed command here. What is the native resolution of your Monitor, as well as desktop ?
I've tried everything you mentioned but still no luck..any other suggestions please? :(

I'm not sure but try pressing the F11 key after making any changes. Or alternatively change PUBG's launch properties in Steam. Navigate to General > Launch Options, and enter the correct screen resolution of your monitor here.

For example. -ResX=1440 -ResY=1080 . Your values might differ depending on the resolution/monitor. If the changes don't make any difference, then try pressing the F11 key after launching the game. What is the resolution of your desktop ? Tried creating any custom res values as well ?

ResX is the Width, ResY is the Height:

launchoptions.jpg

Or, you can also try changing the resolution in the game's configuration file which can be found under the hidden Windows's AppData/Local folder. Just press Windows key+R and type or copy/paste this command:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Open GameUserSettings.ini file, and change ResolutionSizeX= and ResolutionSizeY= to the desired monitor's resolution, or whichever value you want.
Run the game in windowed mode only.

You can also try deleting the GameUserSettings.ini file as well. After deleting, just launch the game once again and then try changing the resolution.

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Or, you can also try changing the resolution in the game's configuration file which can be found under the hidden Windows's AppData/Local folder. Just press Windows key+R and type or copy/paste this command:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Open GameUserSettings.ini file, and change ResolutionSizeX= and ResolutionSizeY= to the desired monitor's resolution, or whichever value you want.
Run the game in windowed mode only.

You can also try deleting the GameUserSettings.ini file as well. After deleting, just launch the game once again and then try changing the resolution.
Okay i've tried it multiple times with different methods and changing all resolution at a time and one by one as well.. But still it was showing the same thing(720p)
So i decided to reinstall the game as it might be conflicting with the previous gpu i was using(gtx 1050 to rx 570)...
Lets see if that fixes
Thanks Btw <3
My resolution of monitor is 1600x1200
And im unable to use AMD VSR(Virtual super resolution)

Edit: Nothing worked ...still stuck on 720p (huge bottleneck for my cpu)
Please help

Last edited: