(Public!?!?!) Beta in January??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
you know they seem pretty confident in windows 7... this confidence is scaring me... hopefully they don't put a nasty price tag next to this... apple is gonna need a new marketing technique

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008

They're really trying to move away from Vista, and I think their pricing will reflect that.

No they won't, they'll just continue lying and making things up. And it will keep selling computers.

LOL Oh man. I love watching Oprah.....

I also enjoy reading the Tabloids at the grocery store check stand.

Personally, I think they're rushing Windows 7 like they always do. "Vista" has a stigma about it... yet I personally have no problems with it. *shrugs*

eric_667

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Vista has a stigma about it because it was a total mess at launch. It also weighed down older systems that handled XP with smaller RAM sizes fine like a brick.And if you build to the system requirements that microsoft recommends you'll be in for some real dissapointment and frustration. As of now I have no extreme gripes towards Vista (SP1 and patched up) but 1+ years ago I wouldn't be typing the same thing. Add on top the fact that a full XP Pro SP2 X64 install with all drivers loaded on my systems can come in at around 1.5 GBs of storage space use as were Vista Business SP1 X64 can horde 15+ GBs. It has a reputation for being bloated and bad for a reason.

chise1

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008

So true. If only they'd get caught lying...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008

I never understood the appeal of touch screens. It seems gimmicky, and rather useless. If I want my screens to look like smudgy crap I would rub dirty Vaseline all over them.

G

I don't want touch capability

I think its the future in terms of common use

but i still think gaming and 3d work is going to mainly orient around the mouse... atleast until some really innovative 3d technology that allows you to kinda be in a virtual reality

I'm wondering if I should get windows 7 beta... or get windows vista

I'm gonna be changing operating system soon and I am wondering... but un sure about the process of beta operating systems

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I don't want touch capability

I think its the future in terms of common use

but i still think gaming and 3d work is going to mainly orient around the mouse... atleast until some really innovative 3d technology that allows you to kinda be in a virtual reality
Haven't you see any of the holographic tech that's been going around? Creating 3D graphics using your hands over a holographic display. I can't remember what company is doing that though.

I'm wondering if I should get windows 7 beta... or get windows vista

I'm gonna be changing operating system soon and I am wondering... but un sure about the process of beta operating systems
I could get 50-60 screenshots of Build 7000, showing the new functionality and changes, if anyone is interested.

klonedesu

Distinguished
May 10, 2008

I am :D 50-60 may be a bit much though, :pt1cable:

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008

There are quite a few things that are different. I may make a thread in the next few days.

I said 50-60 for the pickier people. A lot of those would probably be cropped, like for the new taskbar features, and some other new options.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

No, I mean tablet screens, sorry

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

Yeah; Windows 7 Beta 1 was leaked onto torrent sites about a week ago or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.