[SOLVED] Public internet connection

Solution
I would imagine that if you go check your school homepage associated with your "account" somewhere you will find a token that you are going to have to install in order to have that come up. This is not uncommon, along with "spyware" type anti-cheat programs.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Is this at school, etc?

When my son was at school he needed software to actually log on to the schools network, a token.

In some cases you should have to 'discover' and log on to the network like any wireless, click it, enter password in the dialog box, click connect.
Others may be set up to log you on via a portal, for instance a web page that you go to and enter credentials which you keep open as your session is going. Many others.

More specifics might be helpful.

Sep 17, 2020
Is this at school, etc?

When my son was at school he needed software to actually log on to the schools network, a token.

In some cases you should have to 'discover' and log on to the network like any wireless, click it, enter password in the dialog box, click connect.
Others may be set up to log you on via a portal, for instance a web page that you go to and enter credentials which you keep open as your session is going. Many others.

More specifics might be helpful.

It is at my university. When i connect it from my phone it redirects to a login page where i enter the id and password. It connected on my phone but the login page won’t open on my laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would imagine that if you go check your school homepage associated with your "account" somewhere you will find a token that you are going to have to install in order to have that come up. This is not uncommon, along with "spyware" type anti-cheat programs.

Solution
Sep 17, 2020
Al
right i’ve found it. Thank you!

Reactions: punkncat