News Puget Systems Tests Quad RTX 3090 Blower Cards in Professional Applications

Blower and 3090 should not belong in the same sentence. Let alone 4 blower 3090s.

I can hear the noise from all 4 of those cards even this far away.

I understand why blowers are chosen for 4 way sli, but why does anyone even make a blower 3090 is my question.

matt206

Reputable
Jul 10, 2020
Nothing is stopping me from doing this? Uhh, okay. Please tell me where I can buy even one Gigabyte 3090 Turbo blower GPU.

matt206

Reputable
Jul 10, 2020
I don't know what to make of this, when doing this with FE models should be better - for one's ears, at least.

The FE 3090 card takes up three PCI slots, so you'd have to use two really long, PCIe 4.0 riser cables, along with a gigantic XL-ATX tower case and some creative DIY mounting mods. Then you'd have to worry about four of these beasts generating heat within the case as opposed to blowing it out the back like the blower cards do.

I might go with the four 3090 Turbo blower approach and then just throw my XL-ATX tower in the garage where I can't hear it.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The FE 3090 card takes up three PCI slots, so you'd have to use two really long, PCIe 4.0 riser cables, along with a gigantic XL-ATX tower case and some creative DIY mounting mods. Then you'd have to worry about four of these beasts generating heat within the case as opposed to blowing it out the back like the blower cards do.

I might go with the four 3090 Turbo blower approach and then just throw my XL-ATX tower in the garage where I can't hear it.
Ack! It totally slipped my mind that those are 3 slot!

I take back what I said.

AnarchoPrimitiv

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Why wouldn't you use AMD Threadripper or Eypc to power this for the PCIe4 and the 64 or 128 lanes respectively? With Threadripper you'd be running x16/x8/x16/x8 and with Eypc you'd be running x16 for all of the cards. With Intel, not only are you at PCIe 3.0 for half the bandwidth, but I believe they only have x44 lanes, which would be x8 for all four cards (since the Chipset and m.2/u.2 connections get lanes directly from the CPU as well

Reactions: RDNAme

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Why wouldn't you use AMD Threadripper or Eypc to power this for the PCIe4 and the 64 or 128 lanes respectively? With Threadripper you'd be running x16/x8/x16/x8 and with Eypc you'd be running x16 for all of the cards. With Intel, not only are you at PCIe 3.0 for half the bandwidth, but I believe they only have x44 lanes, which would be x8 for all four cards (since the Chipset and m.2/u.2 connections get lanes directly from the CPU as well
The testbed used a $1000 workstation motherboard capable of 4 x 3.0x16. Most critically, it also has multiple RGB headers, which should boost GPU performance at least a few percentage points per RGB header.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Blower and 3090 should not belong in the same sentence. Let alone 4 blower 3090s.

I can hear the noise from all 4 of those cards even this far away.

I understand why blowers are chosen for 4 way sli, but why does anyone even make a blower 3090 is my question.
Because 4 3090's would dump too much heat inside the case, even a full tower case. It is better to vent them outside.

"I understand why blowers are chosen for 4 way sli, but why does anyone even make a blower 3090 is my question. "

You answered your own question. For SLi setups.

TRENDING THREADS