[SOLVED] Pulled power cord during boots process. Now will no longer start

zared619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012
Yes, I know I was dumb. I was testing an old cpu fan for power. Plugged in the faulty fan, powered machine on. Case fans turned on, cpu fan did not (as expected). I then pulled the power cord instead of waiting. Re-installed the good cpu fan and now the system no longer turns on. It's as if there's no power to anything. Fans don't turn on and it doesn't POST

Solution
Yes, I know I was dumb. I was testing an old cpu fan for power. Plugged in the faulty fan, powered machine on. Case fans turned on, cpu fan did not (as expected). I then pulled the power cord instead of waiting. Re-installed the good cpu fan and now the system no longer turns on. It's as if there's no power to anything. Fans don't turn on and it doesn't POST
With the system unplugged try hitting the power button. Then plug it in and hit the power button a couple of times.
With the system unplugged try hitting the power button. Then plug it in and hit the power button a couple of times.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS