Question Pump and fans running at full speed on login screen

Apr 30, 2023
I've recently finished setting up my first custom loop. I'm using Fan Control to control the speeds in windows and set the speeds in the bios for before Fan Control boots. When I'm in windows or in the bios, everything runs exactly as set. When I leave the bios or restart and get to the windows login screen, everything starts running at full speed. It goes back to normal once I log in and Fan Control launches, but I have my pc set to automatically boot in the morning and idles for a while before I log in. Has anyone seen this issue or know what might be the problem?

Has anyone seen this issue or know what might be the problem?
i've seen similar issue with many different systems and many different scenarios.

sometimes a user will have an LED profile in place that they believe is supposed to be loaded upon powering on, or by the BIOS during the boot process.
then that same user will run into the same sort of problem where the profile isn't actually loaded until the OS software loads it's own user created profile.
until that user profile loads they will be stuck with the default unicorn puke rainbows flashing.

i see the same thing with many user's fan profiles.
even my own will load the BIOS settings for fan control as the boot process takes place or while browsing the BIOS.
but once the OS begins loading the fans will default to louder speeds until the ASUS software kicks in and loads it's own user created profile within a few seconds.