[SOLVED] Pump connectors and Fan headers

CowboyFromRamRanch

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020
Hello, I am planning my PC's components and I have a question about my motherboard and AIO
the motherboard I chose: MSI MPG z490 Gaming Plus
the AIO I chose: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R ARGB

so the motherboard has:
  • 1x 4-pin CPU fan connector
  • 1x 4-pin water pump connector
  • 6x 4-pin system fan connectors
  • 1x 4-pin RGB LED connector
  • 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors
and the AIO needs:
  • FAN POWER CONNECTOR 4-Pin (PWM)
  • PUMP CONNECTOR 3-Pin
but the pump connector is a 4 pin (on the board), can I still connect it and if not what should I do?
thanks

Solution
Hello, I am planning my PC's components and I have a question about my motherboard and AIO

so the motherboard has:
and the AIO needs:
  • PUMP CONNECTOR 3-Pin
but the pump connector is a 4 pin (on the board), can I still connect it and if not what should I do?
thanks
Yes, you can connect a 3pin pump or fan to a 4pin(PWM) header just make sure that you set it to DC control and full speed.

so the motherboard has:
and the AIO needs:
  • PUMP CONNECTOR 3-Pin
thanks
Yes, you can connect a 3pin pump or fan to a 4pin(PWM) header just make sure that you set it to DC control and full speed.

Solution

CowboyFromRamRanch

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020
thanks for the answer, do you know if and how i can do it and the information i found was on their official websites when i looked at the manual for the cooler i found this:

https://ibb.co/c1k8TJm

it looks like the connectors which are plugging into the motherboard a 4 pin, what do you think?

thanks for the answer, do you know if and how i can do it and the information i found was on their official websites when i looked at the manual for the cooler i found this:

https://ibb.co/c1k8TJm

it looks like the connectors which are plugging into the motherboard a 4 pin, what do you think?
For pump and fan motors you can use W_Pump header for pump and that 3in1 cable to CPU_FAN header. The rest of cables is for RGB.