[SOLVED] Pump speed won't change no matter what I set it to (NZXT Kraken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogwartsrikiblack

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
Hello,
I installed my Kraken X63 AIO today, and after booting up the first time, I used the NZXT CAM software to adjust the pump speed curve, and it worked very well.
However, after booting up the PC again a few hours later, pump speed is stuck at 100% (even if I change it in the app), and liquid temp shows 0 degrees, as seen in the screenshot below.
The AIO seems to be working, as CPU temps are low even under load. Any help?
I tried reinstalling the software, rebooting my PC, doesn't work. Note that, interestingly, I can change the RGB on the AIO. But not the pump speed. I have my pump plugged into the CPU_FAN slot on the motherboard.

iXeMXDP.png

Solution
The instructions for that system say to connect the 3-pin cable from the PUMP to the CPU_FAN header OR to an AIO_PUMP header if you have one. The rad fans need to be connected to another header. Then there's a cable to connect from a port on the side of the pump to a USB2 header. That cable is how the CAM software communicates with the pump.

Two things to check. One is whether the connection to the USB2 header is secure. It probably is from what you tell us. Next, how does CAM know which mobo header has the pump, and which has the rad fans it is trying to control? Is there a setting you have to enter so it can figure that out?
Hello,
I installed my Kraken X63 AIO today, and after booting up the first time, I used the NZXT CAM software to adjust the pump speed curve, and it worked very well.
However, after booting up the PC again a few hours later, pump speed is stuck at 100% (even if I change it in the app), and liquid temp shows 0 degrees, as seen in the screenshot below.
I tried reinstalling the software, rebooting my PC, doesn't work. Note that, interestingly, I can change the RGB on the AIO. But not the pump speed. I have my pump plugged into the CPU_FAN slot on the motherboard.

iXeMXDP.png
What the cpu fan speed set to in the bios this maybe over riding your app....

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The instructions for that system say to connect the 3-pin cable from the PUMP to the CPU_FAN header OR to an AIO_PUMP header if you have one. The rad fans need to be connected to another header. Then there's a cable to connect from a port on the side of the pump to a USB2 header. That cable is how the CAM software communicates with the pump.

Two things to check. One is whether the connection to the USB2 header is secure. It probably is from what you tell us. Next, how does CAM know which mobo header has the pump, and which has the rad fans it is trying to control? Is there a setting you have to enter so it can figure that out?

Solution
Jul 19, 2021
Hello,

iXeMXDP.png
I didn't see a resolution for this, but just in-case anyone else ends up here in a similar situation like I did: A friend found a solution on a reddit post which worked for me. Just turned off the PC and the PSU, and rebooted. This reset the AIO and the CAM pump setting are working again, buzzing sound of 100% pump speed is gone, and the liquid temp is back. Bad liquid readings put it into safety mode, so the pump runs at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS