[SOLVED] Pump wont get power

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hello guys! I just finished my first custom loop and im going to leak test my system with an external PSU. So i connect the pump's molex in the psu and nothing happens everything is quiet. Would really need some help

Im using an rog thor 1200w
And EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. sl. pump)

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Are you actually shorting the pins of the 24pin connector to turn that external PSU on?

Im very new to computers and this is my first build ever and it was water cooling. I dont understand what you are telling me. I really apperciate if you can explain further i really want to get going with my system. Thanks alot for your time.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Im very new to computers and this is my first build ever and it was water cooling. I dont understand what you are telling me. I really apperciate if you can explain further i really want to get going with my system. Thanks alot for your time.

Basically, in a nutshell, you need some way to turn the PSU on.
Flipping the switch on the rear doesn't power anything, it just allows the PSU to power something, if requested.

So, you can either connect it to the motherboard, and power buttons etc will do that. OR you can short the pins Karadjgne mentioned with either a paperclip or similar, or a specific PSU "tester" (which does the same thing). EVGA include PSU "testers' with most units, not sure about other vendors.

Huehuel

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Basically, in a nutshell, you need some way to turn the PSU on.
Flipping the switch on the rear doesn't power anything, it just allows the PSU to power something, if requested.

So, you can either connect it to the motherboard, and power buttons etc will do that. OR you can short the pins Karadjgne mentioned with either a paperclip or similar, or a specific PSU "tester" (which does the same thing). EVGA include PSU "testers' with most units, not sure about other vendors.

Now i understand completley thanks alot !!!! I think i will plug in my mother board to the psu and power on my mobo, THANKS ALOT!!!!!

Reactions: Barty1884
Solution