Purchase new Gaming Computer

Nov 11, 2018
I'd like to purchase a pre-built system used primarily for gaming. My budget is around $2000-$2500 and I have a $500 Best Buy Gift Card which I'd love to get some use out of.

Can I get some suggestions on a system that will run games at max or almost max settings and hopefully last quite some time?

I havent built my own computer in over 20 years and honestly don't know if I would have the patience any longer to deal with it, so a reputable pre-built is appealing to me, even though I know I could save a few bucks if I just do it myself.

Nov 11, 2018

I have 2 monitors that I utilize.

BenQ RL2755 - 1920 x 1080 / 60hz
Acer G235H - 1920 x 1080 / 75hz

I'm open to upgrading if need be. The second monitor is really more for when I do productivity, I don't know if I ever used for gaming unless I was in windowed mode and wanted to look something up.

Nov 11, 2018

That makes sense, will do, thank you for the advice.

Nov 11, 2018

Would you recommend the I7 over the I9? I've been trying to do some research and get back in to understanding the hardware better. A friend also suggested AMD Ryzen to me.

Unfortunately there aren't any Ryzen prebuilts with the ssd capacity for best buy. They are great processors, but for your budget the higher IPC from intel will get you FPS output that can match a high refresh rate monitor. If you'd go ryzen, i'd suggest going with a lower refresh rate monitor to save money to be allocated to something else in your build. With prebuilts we have limited options. If you know someone knowledgeable on building PC's I can definitely hook you up with a ryzen/intel system that will give you more bang for your buck regarding that budget.