Question Purchased an EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra but poor performance/fps in Fortnite.

May 8, 2020
So about 2 weeks ago i purchased a 2080 super. Prior to this card i had an rx580 which ran fortnite at 200 plus fps pretty easily on low settings. I expected to be getting a steady 240fps with the new 2080 super, but that did not happen. I will get 240 in very low demanding areas of the map and usually drop to 160-180 in higher demanding areas. Ive watched tons of videos of people testing this exact card and getting 240 steady fps until end game. I would like to know what you guys think could be causing this to happen with my card. Could it be my processor holding it back? (Ryzen5 2600) I do plan on upgrading my processor soon to an i9-9900k in a completely new build. Or maybe its not getting enough power? (650w Evga psu). More RAM? I do have cable extensions also, not sure if that could be causing a power issue or something.
Really frustrating knowing i have a card that should be pushing high frames but isnt after spending so much $ on it.. lol im sorry if this was confusing to read im just really annoyed. Thank you for any help or feedback!!!
Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra
16GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
Asus Prime B450-MA MOBO
EVGA 650W PSU
500 GB SSD

Aug 21, 2019
So about 2 weeks ago i purchased a 2080 super. Prior to this card i had an rx580 which ran fortnite at 200 plus fps pretty easily on low settings. I expected to be getting a steady 240fps with the new 2080 super, but that did not happen. I will get 240 in very low demanding areas of the map and usually drop to 160-180 in higher demanding areas. Ive watched tons of videos of people testing this exact card and getting 240 steady fps until end game. I would like to know what you guys think could be causing this to happen with my card. Could it be my processor holding it back? (Ryzen5 2600) I do plan on upgrading my processor soon to an i9-9900k in a completely new build. Or maybe its not getting enough power? (650w Evga psu). More RAM? I do have cable extensions also, not sure if that could be causing a power issue or something.
Really frustrating knowing i have a card that should be pushing high frames but isnt after spending so much $ on it.. lol im sorry if this was confusing to read im just really annoyed. Thank you for any help or feedback!!!
Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra
16GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
Asus Prime B450-MA MOBO
EVGA 650W PSU
500 GB SSD
I can’t help but I’m having the same issue and no luck yet with my 2080ti. I’m performing the same as friends with a 1060 6gb in Valorant...I did a benchmark on far cry 5 and guess what? 1% gpu usage!!! I’m so annoyed. Tomorrow I’m using DDU to uninstall graphic drivers and re install them. If that works, I’ll let ya know

TRENDING THREADS