Purchasing 1070Ti for gaming and also planning on getting 144hz monitor.

Jan 15, 2019
So right now I am building a pc around an Asus Strix 1070Ti and 144Hz monitor. I am just wondering what is the best CPU & Mobo to get that would compliment these items well. I plan on playing a lot of new games at highest possible settings I could run. Also, need a ATX obviously from the monster card. Was looking at the Ryzen 5 2600X as i don't plan on overclocking right now but might in the future. ( I have 16GB DDR4 so ram isn't a problem, I also have plenty of case fans that I can reuse). All help much appreciated.

Solution
You don't need an ATX case to fit that GPU. Heck, there are mITX cases that can accommodate it. Also, motherboard size doesn't limit the GPU length.

Don't buy a GSync monitor.

Country?
Budget?
Do you need case/PSU/storage suggestions also?
You don't need an ATX case to fit that GPU. Heck, there are mITX cases that can accommodate it. Also, motherboard size doesn't limit the GPU length.

Don't buy a GSync monitor.

Country?
Budget?
Do you need case/PSU/storage suggestions also?

Solution
Jan 15, 2019

I opted to go for the 2060 FE and I plan on getting the ryzen 3k series when its released. Just wondering what motherboard would go well with, I can't decide between a B450 socket or X470. My budget is somewhere between £100-£150 and I'm in the UK. Id like a ATX mobo as I'm going to get a NZXT H500 series. Furthermore, What kind of PSU would be needed for all of this?

There will be 500 series boards accompanying the ryzen 3000 launch. I've heard that PCIe4.0 will transfer down to the 400 series boards, but I'm not sure how that would work. The 500 series boards will likely make better use of the extra connectivity regardless.

Similar to the AM4 300 and 400 series boards, with Ryzen 3000, you're guaranteed compatibility out of the box on a 500 series board, but would need a BIOS update on lower series boards (you'd need an older CPU to perform the BIOS update)

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

why not buy a gsync monitor....