Question Purchasing a 2080 Super at launch? Tips?

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Hey guys,

I am looking for some advice from those who have purchases graphics cards at release. The 2080 Super releases tomorrow and I am wondering what the best route would be to get my hands on one? Is it like iPhone releases where you wait until 2 a.m to purchase? Or midnight? I'd like to get it as soon as I can but I have never purchased a new Graphics card on the day it launches. Any advice would be appreciated!

Where do you live ? The exact availability, and release date will still vary from region to region, and country/location. Though, it would be much better that you wait for few more days, check the reviews, and then make any purchasing decision.

Last edited:

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Where do you live ? The exact availability, and release date will still vary from region to region, and country of location. Though, it would be much better that you wait for few more days, check the reviews, and then make any purchasing decision.
I am upgrading from a 1080 FE, this will be a for sure upgrade of 30-40% in most cases. I live in Kansas so in the middle of the country. I didn't think regions mattered that much.