Purchasing a pre-owned system - i5 7400 16 GB RAM etc

dss007

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
Today i found this guy selling his PC on an Online selling app. So the deal is to get all of the following for : $360

- i5 7400
- Gigabyte Mobo (IDK what model)
- 16 GB of RAM (IDK speed)
- PC case (worth around $30)
- Power Supply (IDK which and of what wattage) but so called "heavy usage" PSU
- 22" LED 1080p FHD display (either hp or acer)
- 1 TB HDD
- wireless mouse and keyboard

well.... thats all xD

now here's the thing he said he has only used this PC for a few months and wants to sell it out as the purpose for which he bought this, "some business of his related to photography" failed!. So he wants to sell it out ASAP.
Now the problem lies here, he said he has no bill from the bought shop as it saved him some money. despite he has the box of motherboard and CPU. so the question is "will i be able to avail the warranty of the products without any kind of bill?".
I'm open to every suggestion, tell me guys. Is it too good of a deal to be true or its authentic? and what about the warranty.
All in all is it worth the purchase?
btw im gonna add a 1050 ti or 1060 to this PC to use it as a PC.
and im gonna go to check this PC tomorrow, to get the full info about it. Tell me your thoughts guys.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who replies in advance :D

Solution
Warranty is up to the individual manufacturer.
Some are transferable, some are not. Some require the original bill of sale or receipt.

And for any used system, your first move needs to be a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.

$360 for all of that, if it actually works, isn't bad.

dss007

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015

as stated, he says he doesn't have any kind of receipt or bill of the products. but has the original boxes of CPU and MoBo...
He states that it helped him get them for a little bit cheaper to grab em without a bill. So can i validate the warranty without the bill / receipt what do you think.

USAFRet

Titan
Warranty is up to the individual manufacturer.
Some are transferable, some are not. Some require the original bill of sale or receipt.

And for any used system, your first move needs to be a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.

$360 for all of that, if it actually works, isn't bad.

Solution

dss007

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
s

The main warranty(s) that i want are from intel and gigabyte, do these companies register the serial number at the time of purchase, so that they know that the product is 'this' much old?

dss007

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
check this out guys, and help me determine :

On intel FAQ warranty page, Under the question -
Can I get warranty in China for my universal boxed processor?
Intel answers with -
In China, only a China boxed processor is eligible for warranty. A universal boxed processor is not eligible for warranty unless you provide the proof of purchase and custom clearance documentation.

so that as a result means that you only have to show the proof of purchase if you live in a different country from where you've purchased the processor. So in my case shouldn't i be able to redeem the warranty just by the warranty included in the box as he bought the processor form India and we'd be redeeming the warranty (if needed) in India. As a result no proof of purchase will be needed?!