Purchasing advice for Gaming and HD video streaming.

zoloftphreak

Commendable
Jan 30, 2018
Hello everyone! I've recently gotten some new peripherals/components for my computer, after my original HDD kept coming up with a disk error during use.

I've since gotten a newer, bigger HDD but have seen that I am running out of space seemingly with less installed onto the new HDD.

I've decided to buy a SSD and need some advice on which to consider. I use my computer for gaming and media playing- both music and video streaming. Usually gaming/listening at the same time.

I will be using the (newer) old HDD for backup or extra storage space for my OS and run my games from the SSD, or however you can advise me to utilize the space on them.

My current specs are:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 529MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0X231R (CPU 1)
Graphics
Philips (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL ST2010 (1600x900@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 ATA Device (SATA)
(Pasted from speccy)

Ark: Survival Evolved is my current addiction. I'd like to say money isn't a concern but I am still frugal by nature.

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks, forum!

The older motherboards don't have sata III so your SSD won't run full speed but it will still be fast. Picking one with a good GB/$ will would be better for you then trying to find the fastest one.

zoloftphreak

Commendable
Jan 30, 2018

I also have a PCI to SATA card installed as I needed more connections, unfortunately the card only supports SATA I. I didn't even think about that tho! I've been hoping to not have to change out the motherboard, it's the only thing left from my original dell purchase :chaudar: but I'm going to have to change it soon. Thanks for the insight!