rtward2015

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
Hey everyone,

Let me just preface this post by stating that I understand it is a better idea to build my own PC as opposed to buying a pre-built model. However, I do not have the time nor expertise at the moment to go about doing this (or the confidence in my abilities to do so). Therefore, I am willing to shelve out a little extra money to purchase something that is pre-built and ready to go. I'm really looking for something that can play large scale strategy games (e.g., total war genre) and simulator games (e.g., Cities Skylines) on max settings 1080p above 60 FPS. I know the newer total war game (i.e., Three Kingdoms) requires some pretty heft CPU power to max out, so I want to make sure I have that domain covered.

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had any system recommendations or could point me in a good direction of a trusted/quality company? I'd prefer not to spend over $1500. Also, is there a good time of the year to buy a system, such as Memorial Day or waiting until Black Friday?

Currently, I'm looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J5RPC32/ref=twister_B07FT7XXSS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I know there are some horror stories with brands, such as iBuyPower, but this system seems to be the best "bang for your buck" that I can find.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

xSaturnityx

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
Xidax seems to do a good job with some really nice deals for like free shipping and such (since usually shipping a 40 lb computer cost like 60 dollars) PLUS they have really nice customization options

But I mean if you can, you could just buy the parts and build it yourself, may be cheaper.

rtward2015

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
Xidax seems to do a good job with some really nice deals for like free shipping and such (since usually shipping a 40 lb computer cost like 60 dollars) PLUS they have really nice customization options

But I mean if you can, you could just buy the parts and build it yourself, may be cheaper.

I've looked into Xidax before, and have heard great things about their customer service and quality. However, their products seem to be a bit on the upper price end, at least if I were to try and get the same specs as listed in the product above.