Purchasing my first router need help

Hector_24

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I'm going to get internet in about a week or two but I need a router. I've been looking but there is so many options and I keep looking deeper and deeper and now I don't know. I'm very computer literate, the internet package I'm getting will offer 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up. I want a router that can support that and my family will be on the internet 24/7 with very heavy usage. We have a Xbox that uses 1 terabyte every 3 months, two phones that watches videos all day (they can't use 5Ghz band). My PlayStation and my phone (Which can use 5Ghz). I want a router that can easily handle heavy usage, with speeds being able to handle it and make sure no one lags. I'm looking to pay $100-200 on one.

If you are on Cable Fibre, I just bought the Linksys WRT32X which launched at $300 but is now only $129!!! I have to admit that it has made a huge difference to my Internet, especially the WIFI side which I was always having problems with. My Cable Broadband is 350Mbps Down 20Mbps Up and this router is just great. It has a Killer prioritisation engine...Not sure how much that actually makes a difference but overall my Internet is rock solid with great Wifi now...

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Prioritization-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B079XSHN1F/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534949073&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=linksys+wrt32x&psc=1

I have to admit I am not a Router expert but bought this on a recommendation from a friend and of course read reviews on it...I do not regret the decision as my online gaming is great, downloads etc and a family of 5 all using the router via Wifi with a mix of phones and tablets (I hate sharing my Internet...but family..what can you do!!!) and this router has not missed a beat.

I should mention that my motherboard does have a Killer Nic as well as a Intel one and the router picked that up straight away...Of course priority given to gaming..