MXONLINE_RiDaH49

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm looking into investing in the Alien-ware Aurora Desktop PC I need to know if this is the right decision for me to make! I need the best performance has possible to run all my Adobe products yes I use these products pushing my current systems cores to the max from a Core 2 Duo E Series. This is what I have lined up costing me total of $2,366.40!! Some stuff I like to include on if I should get this or not...

-875W Power Supply
-Intel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor
-Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit, English
-Dual 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Crossfire™ Enabled
-6GB Triple Channel 1333MHz DDR3
-Cooling: Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling

Regards,
Adam

MXONLINE_RiDaH49

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Money is not a issue! I can build a totally different computer that will be way less expensive, I'll get back at ya with the other choice I had. Oh and by the way my name is Adam not dude!! LOL

knucklepuck

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I've always been a fan of going to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com and buying parts seperately.
Gives me a high sense of accomplishment when I build it myself, and it's probably around 20-40% cheaper to order parts seperately. Try it, go to newegg.com and add all those items to your shopping cart! I'd estimate around 1500-1700 for that.
If you have about an hour or two on a saturday or sunday, take some time and build it! It's fun :D
Alienware is a great company, they make great systems and they tweak and factory overclock components for gaming, not to mention the liquid cooling pre-installed. But they have always been WAY too overpriced for me, but as you said money is not a factor for you :p

hawtfrank

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I haven't priced it out but from experience it would probably cost around $1500-$1800 to build that by buying from newegg. Liquid Cooling and 2 GPUS being the biggest chunks of change.

MXONLINE_RiDaH49

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Yeah thanks guys for suggestions I found a bare-bone deal that will only cost me $1,100 pretty sick but I've decided not to go with another big hunk of machine that is noisy ha ha. go tigerdirect.com they have some sick stuff there!

aux

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
if i were you, i will get each part/hw and build them myself. definitely better than alienware. since you have to pay for their service, thats why you can get better rig if you build on your own with the same price.
price doesnt matter? i dont get it, which one is right? you want this alien (no matter how much you have to pay) because no hassle or you want a good setup because theyre the expert.
imo you can build any rig you want, and still better (given you dont have problem spending sometime with hw) than that. if you dont want some noisy rig then get water cooling system, some good case