FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
I am looking for a good budget cpu cooler for my mom's pc. I am going for the most silent as possible for the money. These are very silent and durable. But which one is better? I'd rather choose silence above temperatures. Here in the Netherlands, they are the exact same price. Thanks for the help.

Btw, It's going to cool a Ryzen 3 3200g.

Solution
Hello madmatt30! Remember me? I bought the fortis 3 rgb because of you in anothrr thread. But i gotta keep it as budget as possible. I love the fortis 3. I would recommend it to everyone. But i need a more budget one. Not that it isnt budget but 10 euros makes in this case a lot of difference. So is there a better one than these 2 i featured or do i have to pick the one with the higher tdp? Thanks

Hi mate, yes I do, you're happy with the fortis then?? Its an excellent cooler.

I didn't notice the username on this thread lol.

Pure rock 2 is way better, the slim has a 92mm fan. At the same price as the slim you'd be crazy not to go for it.

Deepcool gammaxx 400 also worth a punt if it's similar priced.

You could run it at...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I am looking for a good budget cpu cooler for my mom's pc. I am going for the most silent as possible for the money. These are very silent and durable. But which one is better? I'd rather choose silence above temperatures. Here in the Netherlands, they are the exact same price. Thanks for the help.

Btw, It's going to cool a Ryzen 3 3200g.
The slim is rated for 120 watts the rock 2 is rated for 150 watts.

Reactions: kurdtnz
For a little balance, ive recently swapped over from a wraith prism cooler to a dark rock slim so can only comment on this one. Superb cooler, cant hear a thing when it's going full pelt,(but I do have 2 big 200mm intake fans that give a constant slight hum,) but to be honest,I imagine they are both brilliant coolers and very quiet!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah the higher tdp it can cool means the cooler the cpu can be.

so 150w cooler would be better than a 120w one. at 65w your cpu is not very hot anyway. either one will keep it plenty cool but of course the stronger cooler will let it boost a bit higher and stay cooler while it does.

my 65w 3700x hits about 95w or so at full load and it stays in the 60's the whole time. this should give an idea what you can expect for your 65w cpu. i don't think the 3200g broke 75w at gaming load if it recall right.

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello madmatt30! Remember me? I bought the fortis 3 rgb because of you in anothrr thread. But i gotta keep it as budget as possible. I love the fortis 3. I would recommend it to everyone. But i need a more budget one. Not that it isnt budget but 10 euros makes in this case a lot of difference. So is there a better one than these 2 i featured or do i have to pick the one with the higher tdp? Thanks

Hi mate, yes I do, you're happy with the fortis then?? Its an excellent cooler.

I didn't notice the username on this thread lol.

Pure rock 2 is way better, the slim has a 92mm fan. At the same price as the slim you'd be crazy not to go for it.

Deepcool gammaxx 400 also worth a punt if it's similar priced.

You could run it at 1000rpm and it will still cool the 3200g fine (and be virtually silent)

Reactions: FastbackNL
Solution

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
The Gammaxx 400 is a 6 euros expensiver.

Is there anyway i could give you a review because your advise helps me out a lot. (And is this your job because you are an Ambassador.

Thanks as always.

Greets, Yorick

The Gammaxx 400 is a 6 euros expensiver.

Is there anyway i could give you a review because your advise helps me out a lot. (And is this your job because you are an Ambassador.

Thanks as always.

Greets, Yorick
LOL no it's not a job, Ambassador is just an honorary title gifted by the forum administrators for time and information served on the community.

I'm a normal user like everyone else, I enjoy helping other members, the forums have great community spirit.

Stick with the pure rock 2, it's a good cooler and should be more expensive than the gammaxx and slim.

If its cheaper you're getting a bargain.

Cheers,l and happy building, Matt.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ambassador is simply a normal user like everyone else. the difference is we have been around a while and have been recognized as very helpful and useful to the forum. i like to think of us as more power users than anything else. all the rules still apply to us but we do get an inside track to notify the mods if needed. the only people who get paid here are the writers and community managers. the mods and everyone else are pure voluntary people. it's a lot of work but with the small army of mods and ambassadors, we don't miss much :)

none of this is to say that non ambassadors are not valuable members as well but more than likely we've just been around longer