sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
I just bought a new 9800GT, (don't need a extremely powerful card) and though everything so far is working find I am having problems with purevideo. I use powerDVD and when I play an movie the bottom half of the screen looks as if its corrupted video with green, blue and yellow image tearing and flickering. If I reinstall the previous card, which btw was a ATI no problem all video is fine. This happens regardless what driver I use. All previous drivers are completely removed so I'm basically ruling that possible problem out. Any ideas what could be causing the problem and how to fix it?

pluke the 2

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Triple check that you download the right driver per your new 9800GT card. Make sure your downloading it for the right Operating system. Check if you're Operating system is 32bit or 64 bit, and make sure its the right OS...

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
All check and correct. I'm using driver 186.18 as the latest driver was causing problems all around. If I play a game there is no problem but when I play a movie, problem. Odd enough about half the time it only does that when I open powerDVD and try to find my way through the menu the flickering occurs but after a few moments when playing a scene it eventually goes away.