Purism's Librem 13, 15 Laptops Reach Funding Goal, Tablet And Phone Could Come Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Horribly overpriced, and uses the anti-consumer design practices present in some of the more established computer manufacturers. It is literally the worst of all worlds. Hardware far worst than the established manufacturers when you consider the price. Beyond that, they are a new company that has no track record. It is the worst possible investment from a consumer standpoint.

You can end up with a system that loses all warranty support over night, along with system updates.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
... so if Windows 10 already does virtualization compartmentalization, what am I buying ?

Probably buying for the "Not Microsoft" part. This seems to be Linux on top of Xen (the project site doesn't really describe what Qubes OS actually is). Again though, being a gamer makes this OS mostly useless to me (less so than Linux, no GPU support for apps). Then again, this OS is probably not for me. I do not need to be that secure in my day to day computing.

Ed Chombeau

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Why would anyone want this. ----just to say lookie at what I have?---I don't want to waste time on something that has NO reliability rating or performance review.

Why is this on here whithout any reviews????

Status
Not open for further replies.