[SOLVED] Purple tint a couple of days after installing new GPU

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, I'm not sure if this is 100% a GPU problem but my best guess is that it is, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I recently upgraded my GPU and all seemed fine for the first couple of days though I did not play too many games, just run some tests when it was first installed to make sure it was running okay and all seemed perfectly normal. Today I launched CS:GO and noticed that both of my monitors suddenly had a slight purple tint to them. This did not happen on any other game besides CS:GO and would go back to normal once the game is closed.

I installed the latest NVIDIA game ready driver and restarted, and still the problem occurred. Then it started happening even when CS:GO was no longer open, just randomly going from slightly purple and back to normal here and there. I have tried my 2 display port cables in different combinations of the display port ports on the GPU and still the same is happening.

Any help on this is much appreciated, dreading the idea of the GPU being faulty :/

EDIT: It is no longer just from the game, it is constantly tinted purple, if I go to display settings it very briefly turns back to normal and then purple again.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Try taking a screenshot to capture the screen as it exists in GPU memory and viewing it on a different device or after you have closed the game. If the "altered" colors are part of the screen grab, then it means CSGO is rendering it that way. If the colors are different, then a color profile is getting applied to the game somewhere.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to give us a list of parts in your build, a specs lit if you will. Not to mention the make and models of your new and old GPU to help us make sense of what might've gone wrong with said GPU upgrade. Include the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

also include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to give us a list of parts in your build, a specs lit if you will. Not to mention the make and models of your new and old GPU to help us make sense of what might've gone wrong with said GPU upgrade. Include the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

also include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
Sure thing, apologies I'm new here haha,

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B550M Plus Wifi
Ram: 2X8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600mhz
SSD/HDD: WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 // 2TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: MSI 3060 ti
PSU: Corsair RM650 650W
Chassis: Kolink stronghold
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 (Main Monitor) Old samsung TV as second (not sure the name)

The PSU is just over a year old, I bought it in December 2020.

My old GPU was an MSI 1660 super ventus xs oc.

Thanks

InvalidError

Titan
Try taking a screenshot to capture the screen as it exists in GPU memory and viewing it on a different device or after you have closed the game. If the "altered" colors are part of the screen grab, then it means CSGO is rendering it that way. If the colors are different, then a color profile is getting applied to the game somewhere.

Solution
Feb 1, 2022
It is definitely not the game now, it started from the game but it is just constantly tinted now so I have no idea what has happened. I have edited my original post to say this as well. Also I took a short video of the flicker, it does now show when I watch it back on my phone or laptop.

Thank you for the help thus far by the way! :)

Last edited: