Question Purple Vertical Line on Screen. What is cause and how I can make it disappear?

Jun 18, 2019
I built a PC way back in November. When I turned it on today, a purple line appeared. I have already tried reconnecting the cable (HDMI) and updating my graphics card driver.
Specs:
i5-9600k
1070 Ti
MSI z390
Monitor: msi optix mag241c

Jun 18, 2019
Does your board have video outputs? If so, try removing 1070 Ti and see if line goes away. An issue like that is either cable, monitor, or GPU.

I unplugged the HDMI cable from my GPU, removed my GPU and plugged the cable back into the motherboard. Purple line still appears. I also tried switching HDMI cables and it didn't work.

Jun 18, 2019
Seems like it's going to be a monitor issue then. Different cables and completely different GPUs, both discrete and onboard, have the same purple line. Are they any adjustments for monitor itself, such as a reset, or changing resolution, ect.

There is definitely a reset button. What kind of resolution do you mean? Display Resolution? Sorry again for the late response, I've been finding myself busy lately. What should I do?

Sorry for late reply as well. I'm just talking about a "factor reset" option in monitor settings somewhere. Have you tried setting a non-standard resolution in the OS just to test. Any resolution other than the native one for the monitor to see if the line "moves".

TRENDING THREADS