Question Purplish color problem on my projector

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hello. Since a few days ago, whenever i connect my BenQ rec 709 projector to my pc i get purplish shade type of coloring on my screen. The problem likely lies to the pc, most likely the hdmi socket that connects it to the projector. Reason for that is, it cant be the cable since i tested it on 2 cables, and it doesnt seem to be the projector either, cause when i connect it to my laptop it shows the screen fine, colors and all. I also tried to find some possible solution using the projector menu initially, going by threads online that were referencing this type of problems, they were saying something about changing some projector signal to rgb or whatever but i didnt find anything on my projector menu to do something like that. Lastly, when i moved or re-inserted the hdmi cable on my pc monitor a couple of times in the past i think i saw something like the purple screen happening again but i could fix it by moving it, its just that i cant vouch for that since its been some time, take that with a grain of salt.

So, is the hdmi port on my pc the problem? If yes, i would also like to also ask how i could fix it without having it cost more than it should.

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
you can change that on your PC in GPU control settings
Can you tell me how to do that on windows 10? There is no gpu control settings tab that allows me to change something like that from what i searched for, the closest to that were the display color calibration and the graphics settings tab, the later especially had absolutely nothing to do in it. No luck in system->display>color either.