Purported Leaked Images of iPad Mini Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper666

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
It's funny how you can anticipate the content of an article just by seeing the editors name, Zak Islam promotes Apple in every article and another one bashes Windows with every opportunity.

G

Looks like a Samsung Galaxy Note to me. Samsung should sue Apple for 1B.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Still waiting for Apple to put out a affordable tablet, I don't consider their current prices all that affordable for something that is mainly for media consumption. Where as the same price will net me a decent laptop, rather prefer the prices of the new Nooks that came out and newer Kindle Fires, their in the right price point where I think these tablets should be at.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
I love how apple can' think of any thing new. they take the one success they have a shrink it or make it larger and are like look it revolutionary. But it's the same thing just a difrent size.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Warsaw[/nom]*yawn* Another apple device that will probably get undeserved attention. Thanks Tom's.[/citation]

Considering they are the top selling products in their space, it does make sense they receive the attention they do. Just like 33%-50% of all the android smartphone article are about the S3.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]I love how apple can' think of any thing new. they take the one success they have a shrink it or make it larger and are like look it revolutionary. But it's the same thing just a difrent size.[/citation]

In all fairness there has not been any official statement about this product by Apple claiming anything you have said. They have made some statements that fit your characterization in the past, but lets wait to throw rocks until they have.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
It will probably cost $300, which gives nobody a reason to buy it over the Kindle Fire HD or the Nexus 7.

It will probably be pretty nice, but I'm not going back to being locked into Apple's ecosystem. Screw Apple.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]viper666[/nom]It's funny how you can anticipate the content of an article just by seeing the editors name, Zak Islam promotes Apple in every article and another one bashes Windows with every opportunity.[/citation]

I never noticed that but every Apple Article on the front page is from him.

My best guess is there will be a $199 iPad Mini which is a key amount for 'impulse buying' and I have no doubts there will be more expensive versions. The $199 ($200) is an important target to hit...we'll see.

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]I never noticed that but every Apple Article on the front page is from him.[/citation]
How could you not have noticed earlier? I noticed on day one of his news that every Apple fanboy-ish "news" article came from the same author, Zak Islam. Haha.

Do you think Tom's pays him to be contentious? In the same way that a low-brow radio show will have extremely contentious, argumentative, ignorant guests time after time just to get the listeners riled up and responsive?

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]My best guess is there will be a $199 iPad Mini which is a key amount for 'impulse buying' and I have no doubts there will be more expensive versions. The $199 ($200) is an important target to hit...we'll see.[/citation]

If I had to guess I would say $350 is far more likely start point- the entry level ipod touch (granted, it has a high res display, dual core SoC, and 32GB of NAND) costs $299, and I would guess that the iPad mini will cost significantly more- but less than the full size iPad, which starts at $500. Apple can afford to charge premiums, because, regardless of the quality/price of whatever they put out, people will buy it, because apple has good advertising, lots of market clout- consequently the average consumer sees apple products as superior, even if they are more expensive.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]It will probably cost $300, which gives nobody a reason to buy it over the Kindle Fire HD or the Nexus 7. It will probably be pretty nice, but I'm not going back to being locked into Apple's ecosystem. Screw Apple.[/citation]

ummm... why not? Even at $300 why would someone not want it?
- iTunes (music, app) collection is easily transferable
- updates are supported for 3 years
- still the best selection for Apps out of any platform
- still the customer service to walk into an Apple retail store and get support and maintenance

I think you think people only buy products based on hardware specs

Status
Not open for further replies.