Question Pushing my Vega 56 to the limit.

Hi, recently bought a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 8GB, amazing card.
Doesn't get over 65C no matter what I put on it, whether its Superposition benchmark, Unigine Heaven, or any game on high settings, I'm completely satisfied with it.
But, out of curiosity, how far can I push it?
I've read online that, because it has Samsung HBM2 memory, I can put a Vega 64 BIOS on it? is this true? And how much will it benefit the cards performance?
I know I can increase voltage/clock speeds, but I can do that on my own.
Any other things that I can do to it?

Bios will not give you more power over a software overclock. It could make the base speeds faster, but you run more of a risk bricking your gpu than you ever would getting performance. If you are not satisfied with the extra 5 percent software overclocking can give you, then you need another gpu.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Im curious on how big of a reward it really is?
All the flash will do is increase your memory voltage and power limit (if it works)

I would just do a mild overclock if anything. Really not that much to gain if you could get 10% and were getting 100FPS now then you would get 110 FPS is that really worth the chance?

Don't let your next post be help I bricked my card!

Reactions: Dj0gany
All the flash will do is increase your memory voltage and power limit (if it works)

I would just do a mild overclock if anything. Really not that much to gain if you could get 10% and were getting 100FPS now then you would get 110 FPS is that really worth the chance?

Don't let your next post be help I bricked my card!
Yeah I understand, thank you for the advice.
Clock speed overclock it is then.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
The trick with under-volting is to reduce voltage and maintain the same performance, thus reducing operating temperatures. Some people, not unlike yourself like to fiddle with what they have.;)
Nevermind my problem with overclocking, the pc wont even boot past windows ever since i put my gpu on the riser cable...
I will try to troubleshoot it myself, if not, you will see a new thread of mine very soon xD.

TRENDING THREADS