[SOLVED] Pushwhy.com browser hijacker/Virus,

Jan 14, 2019
So I have this thing that randomly tries to reroute my browsers to Pushwhy.com, AVG is preventing it from actually doing anything but at the same time it doesn't pick it up on deep scans. The only suggestions I have found that don't require a Stevie Jobs level of knowledge is to download, install and run Spyhunter 5, as easy as that sounds the free version/demo of this program doesn't actually do anything it just scans my system, tells me how deep it is up my arse and then tells me to buy the full version to fix the problems. I know its probably money well spent but buying a program is my last resort.
Does anyone have any suggestions, methods or free programs I could try out to remove this?

Jan 14, 2019

Thanks, funny enough I started downloading Malwarebytes program after posting this thread.
Everything appears ok after it deleted 91 files infected with malware, I knew something was going on but I didn't think it was that bad. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Jan 14, 2019
Glad to assist!(y)

I appear to have celebrated too soon, the pushwhy.com malware still seems to be operating, dare i say at what seems to be a reduced rate but nonetheless still present. I am going to attempt to use the Hitmanpro program, in case that doesn't work, or if it does and just for the sake of learning do you have any other suggestions?

look at everything found within a FreeFixer scan as well, then carefully choose what to delete yourself....(many things are whitelisted, obviously)

Gives detailed results of TCP/IP opened ports, browser helper objects, registry startups, scheduled tasks, task schedulers, assorted processes, services, shell services, application modules, driver addons, browser extensions, and recently modified files list.....

www.freefixer.com

Jan 14, 2019
Run a TRIAL of Zemana AntiMalware.
Thanks to your assistance I appear to have fixed the issue as well as others that have gone undetected. Thanks.
look at everything found within a FreeFixer scan as well, then carefully choose what to delete yourself....(many things are whitelisted, obviously)

Gives detailed results of TCP/IP opened ports, browser helper objects, registry startups, scheduled tasks, task schedulers, assorted processes, services, shell services, application modules, driver addons, browser extensions, and recently modified files list.....

www.freefixer.com
Thank you also for your input, I'm sure i will find use for this program in the future.

Reactions: Banned by Net

TRENDING THREADS