[SOLVED] Put the wrong screws in mobo (and 2 without standoff)

Mar 26, 2022
So I actually have two problems.
First one, I put the wrong screws in my motherboard (b450m asus prime-gaming), but they fit into the standoffs and the mobo doesnt was loose at all (and when I tried to take them off they was stucked into the standoff, so my laziness made me leave them this way, since it was working just fine). Is that a problem that I should worry thinking in the future?

The second one was: when I realized that, I realized too that I forgot 2 standoffs (in a total of 8). So, to full fix the mobo, I put two long screws just a little bit threaded, to keep the height from the case. In the end, its all working perfectly and the motherboard doesnt move in any direction, but im also kinda worried about future problems. Do you think that its okay if I leave that way or should I stop being lazy and redo everything?

A picture of the back of my motherboard, from the chassi perspective (sorry for the quality, it was a hard angle to take): View: https://imgur.com/xRjnJjW
(the black screw is one of the long screws I've mentioned)

Solution
First one, I put the wrong screws in my motherboard (b450m asus prime-gaming), but they fit into the standoffs and the mobo doesnt was loose at all (and when I tried to take them off they was stucked into the standoff, so my laziness made me leave them this way, since it was working just fine). Is that a problem that I should worry thinking in the future?

The second one was: when I realized that, I realized too that I forgot 2 standoffs (in a total of 8). So, to full fix the mobo, I put two long screws just a little bit threaded, to keep the height from the case. In the end, its all working perfectly and the motherboard doesnt move in any direction, but im also kinda worried about future problems...

The second one was: when I realized that, I realized too that I forgot 2 standoffs (in a total of 8). So, to full fix the mobo, I put two long screws just a little bit threaded, to keep the height from the case. In the end, its all working perfectly and the motherboard doesnt move in any direction, but im also kinda worried about future problems. Do you think that its okay if I leave that way or should I stop being lazy and redo everything?

A picture of the back of my motherboard, from the chassi perspective (sorry for the quality, it was a hard angle to take): View: https://imgur.com/xRjnJjW
(the black screw is one of the long screws I've mentioned)
Don't be lazy, fix that !
First one is not a problem until you try to remove screws, wrong thread could also malform threads in standofsfs
Second one,you are better off without screws instead of standoffs, if you tighten them too much you could cause short to ground with detrimental effects.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS