[SOLVED] Put two different graphics cards in the same system?

ragnarok0274

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
Hello all!
I have a rather weird question.
I have an Asus B350-F Gaming motherboard.
Is it possible to put a secondary graphics card (in this case, a Gigabyte GeForce 9400 GT) in the bottom PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and drive a monitor off that if I have an EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost in my primary slot?
No real reason, just wondering.
If not, will just leaving it in there hurt performance elsewhere?
My main applications are Minecraft, Cemu (3D World/Mario Maker 1), Dolphin (Mario Wii), Citra (3D Land), and a few other things.

Solution
Yes, it's actually quite common. You can't use it for additional gaming power, but you can certainly use it for driving a second, third or fourth monitor, if you don't want to connect to your primary GX card. I wouldn't do it unless you really need to though, and usually, you don't "really need to" unless you are driving more than two or three displays.
Yes, it's actually quite common. You can't use it for additional gaming power, but you can certainly use it for driving a second, third or fourth monitor, if you don't want to connect to your primary GX card. I wouldn't do it unless you really need to though, and usually, you don't "really need to" unless you are driving more than two or three displays.

Reactions: Barty1884
Solution

TRENDING THREADS