Puter screen won't show on TV

lillibirdy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Hello,
I had a Radeon 9200 graphics card installed, I ran a wire to my TV so I could watch HULU and such from my puter to my TV. WORKED GREAT!

I recently got a Wii and hooked it up to the net too, thru the wireless attached to same computer, it works. Now my computer screen won't show up on the TV.

I didn't change anything except added the wireless wii...

I can see that it the display manager sees it, so the wire is working, but it just won't show up on my TV anymore? Any suggestions

lillibirdy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Please forgive if this seems stupid. We are swapping the input cables on the front from puter to wii as we use it. I was wondering if when setting it up I had changes something else without being aware. Can ya tell me where to look to find it? And how I might hook up wii and use my TV as puter screen for hulu and such? Thanks sooo much!

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
if you "hot-plug" the cables, the computer wont automatically enable the tv-output. turn of the PC, then plug the cables, and start the computer. Everything should work after that.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I assume you are either hot swapping a S-video connection or a video (RCA jack) connection. Both likely have yellow ends. One has just 1 thick connector in the middle of it, the other several small wires and a square/rectangular tab to allow it to be inserted only one way. Which one are you swapping back and forth?