[SOLVED] Putting old SSD into new computer

Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone. I have quick question. Im looking to buy a new computer soon and was wondering if im able to simply put the 500GB SSD from my old computer with all my games and stuff on it into the new one. The new computer will already include a smaller 250GB SSD for windows installation. Is this transfer possible?

Solution
On this 500GB SSD I have a Steam folder with everything Steam related, a folder named "Windows10Upgrade" with two ESD files, im not sure what that is, and then some non-Steam games such as Minecraft
The Steam games can be attached to the NEW Steam client you'll install in the new PC.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Completely unsure about minecraft.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi everyone. I have quick question. Im looking to buy a new computer soon and was wondering if im able to simply put the 500GB SSD from my old computer with all my games and stuff on it into the new one. The new computer will already include a smaller 250GB SSD for windows installation. Is this transfer possible?
It depends.
Exactly what, in excruciating detail, is on this drive?
'games and stuff'.....

Steam/Origin games, probably no problem.

Apr 26, 2020
It depends.
Exactly what, in excruciating detail, is on this drive?
'games and stuff'.....

Steam/Origin games, probably no problem.
On this 500GB SSD I have a Steam folder with everything Steam related, a folder named "Windows10Upgrade" with two ESD files, im not sure what that is, and then some non-Steam games such as Minecraft

USAFRet

Titan
The Steam games can be attached to the NEW Steam client you'll install in the new PC.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Completely unsure about minecraft.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS