Puzzle / Sudoku Tips for you + Excel Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

I need to add some filters in an excel file but it doesn't seem to work the way I remember (been a while)... hoping someone can fill me in on how to do this?
BTW I want to know how to do this in Excel specifically, not something else.

Here is the file I'm using - saved as an excel file and editing enabled once opened.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10d-7rEgVDUJsh3FjhnQD7KN4UGO2k2bz_1e8KN4Bd1Y/edit#gid=0

You can find the parent page for the document above at the link below.
You can also save the file as a different format from the direct link on that page. Note that they update that page daily etc to include the latest additions to the list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVqAjm-l_Urjd3TNmIc3SmTmz_OlgSoBuhY7RPgiuRg/preview

If you are interested - the file is the Complete list of videos from Cracking the Cryptic (insane Puzzles of all kinds - most of which I've never seen - including various types of Sudoku).
If you like video games or puzzles of any kind - serious - check some of these out.

They even do some complex video game puzzles too - including live streams.

All I want to do - is make the titles of each row - active filters...
Then use them to show Sudoku only, maybe also reverse the date so it's new to old - thing's like that...

Also, I'm going to add some rows (for dates) before I add the filter; so I can keep track of which videos I've both watched and which puzzles I've completed.

I think there is some kind of error or something stopping it from working.

If possible, could you please make a short video (no audio is fine if it's pretty clear what to do) or give me detailed instructions or a link?

BTW - I have Bitdefender... is there some way to use that or something else to scan downloaded, editing enabled excel and other files for dangerous macros and things?

AS AN EXTRA ASIDE

Moderator Note: I deleted your "extras" - comments and links.

Such information should be posted to Sudoku or other relevant websites as applicable.

This Forum is to address specific questions. Such as your Excel questions.

Thanks,

Ralston18

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
its really hard to find the actual question in the post

this appears to be the actual question

All I want to do - is make the titles of each row - active filters...
Then use them to show Sudoku only, maybe also reverse the date so it's new to old - thing's like that...

Also, I'm going to add some rows (for dates) before I add the filter; so I can keep track of which videos I've both watched and which puzzles I've completed.

I think there is some kind of error or something stopping it from working.

If possible, could you please make a short video (no audio is fine if it's pretty clear what to do) or give me detailed instructions or a link?

BTW - I have Bitdefender... is there some way to use that or something else to scan downloaded, editing enabled excel and other files for dangerous macros and things?

whereas the rest is instructions or how to get file.

Hopefully my answer (or lack there of) will at least show people where the question is :)

Reactions: DRagor
Status
Not open for further replies.