PvP In 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' Requires Currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango_Mike

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I think the author of this article grossly misinterpreted GameSpot's review (read: what they wanted to see). The Microtransactions are an available option, and are there to give you a boost. There is no "mandatory buy-in" to use the FOB option, heck, you can even not participate at all if you so choose. Rexly Peñaflorida should do some research before blasting utter BS on teh interwebz.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, full price AAA game and yet micro transactions - fck that! Even if it's possible to grind in that currency its still despicable to see that in a full price game no matter how its marketing BS is putting it.

Shame really, was looking forward to this title but severely lost interests to encourage that kind of BS in the feature by buying in to it! No thx!

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Cool, we pay $59.99 for an AAA title, and still being nickle and dimed like purchasing a 99 cents iOS game.

its because game developers want to have their cake and eat it to.

They want a huge influx of cash that a $59.99 title brings in, but they also want a steady stream of income over the life of the game without doing any real work.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Cool, we pay $59.99 for an AAA title, and still being nickle and dimed like purchasing a 99 cents iOS game.

They want a huge influx of cash that a $59.99 title brings in, but they also want a steady stream of income over the life of the game without doing any real work.

Which is probably OK so long as they update the game regularly with free content updates. But if the lump on paid DLC as well as micro transactions then they can go play in heavy traffic.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I think the author of this article grossly misinterpreted GameSpot's review (read: what they wanted to see). The Microtransactions are an available option, and are there to give you a boost. There is no "mandatory buy-in" to use the FOB option, heck, you can even not participate at all if you so choose. Rexly Peñaflorida should do some research before blasting utter BS on teh interwebz.

do you know anything about konami as of late? do you TRUST them to not screw with the games balance so microtransactions are more appealing? i dont trust ANY company to do that, much less konami, thank god they are getting the hell out of videogames all together and all their good staff has moved on.

Which is probably OK so long as they update the game regularly with free content updates. But if the lump on paid DLC as well as micro transactions then they can go play in heavy traffic.

its never ok because they companies CAN NOT BE TRUSTED TO NOT SCREW WITH THE BALANCE
https://www.google.com/search?q=d2p+phycolofy&oq=d2p+phycolofy&aqs=chrome..69i57.6079j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=free+to+play+psychology
read some of those, they do research into how to make people pay more for a game and in some cases more for a game if it was 60$ and no extra fees.

davmazin

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
well am not buying nor playing this game especially when the game specs says that not even a core i7 sandy bridge 2600k can run this game but only series 4xxx and up can screw ya konami not buying or getting a processor that only gives me an insignificant 5 to 8 more frames in most games if it gave me at least 30 or more frames or better then i would buy but as its intel can keep on giving menian unimportant improvements for all i care when the improvements do reflect on performance then i will get the new cpus not because a shitty game ask for that

I can see where it may be a paid 'boost' to get something more quickly but like others the microtransactions for a full feature full price game are b.s. It's quickly becoming the norm though to nickel and dime people to death, just look at subscription t.v. service.

Broadcast t.v. had commercials to offset the cost of operating paid for by advertisers. Go with a subscription service like cable or satellite and you pay anywhere from $60-$100/mo to access a wider pool of channels still stuffed full of commercials.

So they're getting paid the subscriber fee + the fees from advertising. A good portion of 'all those chans' in a package are 24/7 paid advertising infomercials which equates to more income. Want any movie channels? Pay for them on top of your bill, so you have to pay twice just to get commercial free programming.

Games are getting to be the same way, get you for the cost of the game, then potentially a subscription fee if using a console, plus in game currency for microtransactions. I'd go so far as to bet down the line they'll be charging for the game + a penny for every bullet fired or km walked in game. Hate to even say it out loud and give them any ideas.

Personally no thanks. I'd rather buy a game than perpetually rent it and if they don't offer that option it's as easy as speaking my thoughts by closing my wallet on such titles. Enough people follow suit and they can charge for things all they want.

Last time I checked, 0 x "insert amount charged" still equals $0. Their choice. Maybe it's different for some folks who 'have' to play particular titles. The game co's need people to buy their products, I as a customer don't need to buy anything. They're in no position to dictate to consumers far as I'm concerned.

Dry Bones

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

The CPU requirements are overkill. I was able to run(GZ) it with an i3-3220. My recently obtained i5-3570 works just fine. So an i7-2600k should be able to run TPP without issues. GPUs on the other hand, are a different story.
Also, the whole pay wall isssue has been resolved. (gamespot didn't bother to research before assuming stuff) They have updated their article.

jamus34

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
I have no problems with microtransactions on paid games AS LONG as it is for non-gameplay elements ONLY. Different skins for characters, different sound effects / music / voiceovers, it's all OK. Some people like that stuff, I personally do not.

As soon as you make core components of a paid game into micro transactions I'm out. At that point you become PTW which on a FTP game is fine...on a game you put money on it's inexcusable.

I like gaming but more and more find myself shying away from games due to crappy business tactics. Annual releases that are little more than re-skins / roster updates (for shooters / sports games respectively) to games being released in unfinished states to lack of follow through on promised components. It's just bad.

Plus there's really nothing out there that is new. almost everything is a sequel or prequel or a re-imagining.

Status
Not open for further replies.