[PW] Imansion That.

Amber approached the grounds of the mansion. She knew that grass well,
and she'd been here many times as a child, constantly upbraided for
being sad. It was often that her Gran would tell her, "Your father was
a good-for-nothing anyways. Be GLAD he got disemboweled by a wild
Mightyena!" And then often she would add, when she thought Amber
couldn't hear, "Too bad he reproduced before he died."

Ah yes. The memories.

As she strolled up the path, garment bags in arm, she saw the big
yellow balloon. /Ah so he's here,/ she thought. And then she noted
that it happened to be hanging from one of her Gran's prized
professionally-trimmed trees. Wincing, she hurried forward so she
could get there in time and put an excuse in, so he wouldn't be in
trouble.

Unfortunately for her, the lawn was very large. It was well-kept by
the army of gardeners that lived nearby -- one for every kind of
flower, bush, and tree. There was one long path of packed dirt, framed
with stones. After a good five minutes of power-walking, she came to
the main building.

The mansion itself was big and very red. Four stories high and
immaculately designed, the building reared above the countryside it
occupied. With windows decorating the various floors, it was very
large and looked impenetrable. She opened the huge windowed
double-doors that marked the entrance and came in, more out of habit
than familiarity.

"Gran?" she called.

"--over here, yes that's right. You're a good man." Her grandmother
bustled out of the back room, short, bejeweled, and much like a
rumpled piece of taupe paper. Jason followed behind her awkwardly,
grinning when he caught sight of Amber. He waved and she waved back
around the garment bag that hampered her movements.

"Ah Amber, my child. I see you've come!" She came up and patted her
side a few times, poking and prodding here and there. "Yaah! You're
getting too fat, Amber; too fat! What, don't you ever exercize?
Yeesh!" Amber put up with it silently and shrugged. "Hmph, you young
idiots never pay attention to the values of your elders. This nice
young man your mother recommended, however....he's nice and fit! You
should be more like Jason here." She motioned to Jason, who was
presently absently wandering the atrium and touching the various
decorations with a wide-eyed look of awe. She turned back to Amber.
"But you two wouldn't get along. Still, this is Jason Bard." Jason
continued looking around absently, blissfully unaware that any one had
said his name.

"Actually, Gran--" Amber started.

"No no, no time for chat. Wastes too much time!! We have a party in a
few days and YOU are going to help the servants get it ready. Put your
stuff up in your usual room; I'll be at my facial for the next few
hours. So long!"

She waddled past her and across the marble tile, out the door, and
down the path. Amber sighed angrily to herself and crossed the dark
red marble floor of the wide, forty-square-foot atrium and up the
richly-carpeted spiral staircase to the same room she had always
occupied. Luckily, however rude her Grandmother usually was, she was
still caring, and didn't neglect to treat Amber with the same kinds of
care that she used with her most trusted of servants. She got her own
very comfortable room, with plush maroon carpeting, a four-poster bed,
a big open window. She hung up her dress and Jason's tux in the huge
walk-in closet and sat down on her bed, hugging her favorite fox
stuffed animal.

--

Meanwhile, Jason explored the room he would be performing in: deep red
marble floor like most of the house, it was a huge room that could

There were bathrooms on either end of the room, and a long buffet
table being prepared by three or so servants. Rich red drapings went
around the walls, looping and drooping from tack to tack.

Somehow it looked familiar...

TBC

Sorry for the double-post of this right after the last one, but I
needed to describe the mansion. *shrugs* ^_^ And excuse my bad
writing, my brain is hopping around a lot right now o_O;; *is being
demanded upon for many many things*

~AMMMBERRRRR the stressed out FOX

Amber wrote:

> Meanwhile, Jason explored the room he would be performing in: deep red
> marble floor like most of the house, it was a huge room that could
> easily fit at least three-hundred-thousand. To the far left was a
> raised stage with more of that same red carpeting on top, for purchase
> for the instruments. Above were five gorgeously designed chandeliers,
> with draping crystal and glass.
>
> There were bathrooms on either end of the room, and a long buffet
> table being prepared by three or so servants. Rich red drapings went
> around the walls, looping and drooping from tack to tack.
>
> Somehow it looked familiar...

I seem to recall Steffan mentioning that things were being set up at the
mansion already, and I wrote a post including a ticket handler. Is this
taking place before or after the "Diverting Time" tread?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2nium3F1elleU1@uni-berlin.de...
> I seem to recall Steffan mentioning that things were being set up at the
> mansion already, and I wrote a post including a ticket handler. Is this
> taking place before or after the "Diverting Time" tread?

Haha, I love the fact that the title of the thread justifies it if
chronology is messed up.

--
Steffan

> She hung up her dress and Jason's tux in the huge
> walk-in closet and sat down on her bed, hugging her favorite fox
> stuffed animal.
>
> --
>
> Meanwhile, Jason explored the room he would be performing in: deep red
> marble floor like most of the house, it was a huge room that could
> easily fit at least three-hundred-thousand. To the far left was a
> raised stage with more of that same red carpeting on top, for purchase
> for the instruments. Above were five gorgeously designed chandeliers,
> with draping crystal and glass.
>
> There were bathrooms on either end of the room, and a long buffet
> table being prepared by three or so servants. Rich red drapings went
> around the walls, looping and drooping from tack to tack.
>
> Somehow it looked familiar...

<Woooooweee!!> Miami whistled in the echoey cavern, and the rest of
the band expressed their own feelings of awe.

<We'll be playin' here? My gaw...we'll be playing for RICH people!
People who are better than us!> Ella looked suddenly very nervous.
<How does my hair look? If ya'll weren't in such a hurry, I coulda
gotten a weave in the city...Oh god, my nails are ATROCIOUS!> She
squealed, absolutely mortified, and ran quickly to the bathroom.

<ELLA! Get back here! Rehearsal in 5...ah crud.> DJ grumbled,
realizing that he'd again lost the battle for an orderly preparation
before a concert. He shrugs and turns to the band, throwing out his
arms. <Go! Romp! Enjoy your freedom before we perform! Forget about
rehearsal! You never do it anyways!>

His cries fell on deaf ears, everyone else still lost in tourist mode,
jaws open. He grumbled and stormed off to the front foyer, mumbling
something about piano wires and "in their sleep"...

Rivet was the first to shake himself out of it, and he flashed a
toothy grin. <Lookeh that stage, boss! Wwwwaooooo! Friggin' crazy!
That's gotta be TWICE the size of some of our past venues!> He walks
reverently up to the stage, followed by Miami.

Jason shakes his head a little, the expression on his face not of awe,
but of confusion. "Man, I have the STRONGEST case of Deja Vu...Hey
Wolfgang, you alright?" He looked over at Wolfgang, who was as still
as a statue. "Wolfie? You alive?" He reached to wave his hand in front
of his Machamp's face, and Wolfgang's mouth grew into a sinister grin.

SQUEEEAL! Probably the MOST unnatural sound in the world is a Machamp
squealing like a Japanese schoolgirl. Well, that's what Wolfgang did.
And he emasculated himself even MORE by hopping up and down, clapping
his hands together.

<I...feel...I'm in England! Jolly old Britain! That I may turn around
and see the QUEEN! The royal of royals! Her highness herself! Oh...I
think I feel faint...> He puts a hand to his forehead, and the other
three against his heart as he swoons quietly. Jason watched,
dumbfounded, then shooke his head and walked to the stage, muttering
something about "way too many fetishes".

TBC?

--Marco262

(I don't think this posted the first time...)

> [...]

Wolfgang, you alright?" He looked over at Wolfgang, who was as still
as a statue. "Wolfie? You alive?" He reached to wave his hand in front
of his Machamp's face, and Wolfgang's mouth grew into a sinister grin.

SQUEEEAL! Probably the MOST unnatural sound in the world is a Machamp
squealing like a Japanese schoolgirl. Well, that's what Wolfgang did.
And he emasculated himself even MORE by hopping up and down, clapping
his hands together.

<I...feel...I'm in England! Jolly old Britain! That I may turn around
and see the QUEEN! The royal of royals! Her highness herself! Oh...I
think I feel faint...> He puts a hand to his forehead, and the other
three against his heart as he swoons quietly. Jason watched,
dumbfounded, then shooke his head and walked to the stage, muttering
something about "way too many fetishes".

Marco262 put to type:
> <I...feel...I'm in England! Jolly old Britain! That I may turn around
> and see the QUEEN! The royal of royals! Her highness herself! Oh...I
> think I feel faint...> He puts a hand to his forehead, and the other
> three against his heart as he swoons quietly. Jason watched,
> dumbfounded, then shooke his head and walked to the stage, muttering
> something about "way too many fetishes".
>
> TBC?
>
> --Marco262

Jason poked around the stage, looking from one corner to the other. He
rubbed his hand over the elegant carpet and chuckled nervously.

"This...has to be good, doesn't it?" he said to himself. Inevitably
everybody heard him.

"That's right, it has to be good," DJ huffed, "and we can't be good
WITHOUT A REHEARSAL."

Gigawatt dropped the equipment on the stage and floated away.

"Ok stuff's here, no more playing. Everybody get your instruments set up
or I'll Double-slap each of you personally!" DJ continued.

Everyone sullenly left their curiosity alone and migrated to the stage,
setting up their respective instruments. Jason set up his microphone
with less than a present state of mind. He kept looking at the drapery,
the lacquered pillars, and for some reason that bathroom. Where had he
seen this all before? Almost in a daze he stepped down from the stage
and crossed the floor to the bathroom in question, not hearing DJ or any
of his pokémon protesting.

But even as he approached, nothing hit him. It was still a fuzzy,
out-of-reach memory he couldn't place. He looked around at the ceiling
and floor of the ballroom and then exited.

He wandered around the mansion, the memory getting farther and farther
away until he realized he didn't remember anything about this place
except the ballroom. He crept through the maroon-carpeted hallways, up
the maroon-carpeted stairs, and peeked into various rooms.

They had a Christmas room, a train room, a chess room; a look-out
balcony, a high-powered telescope on another balcony, a gardening supply
closet the size of his own house; a library, a studio, and...Creeping
open yet another door he spotted Amber, sound asleep on her own bed,
clutching her fox stuffed animal. He smiled, entered, and brushed the
hair from her face when suddenly he was interrupted.

Huffing from the effort, the little egg pokemon grunted angrily towards
him, using a stage whisper as he angrily berated him. "Jason what are
you doing? Get back here!"

Jason stood, petted Amber's hair once more, and then followed DJ back to
the ballroom.

TBC
<.< that accomplished...NOTHING XD