gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So, i’m planning on buying a custom water loop, and asking the pump for my upcoming birthday. But im stuck with a question. The pump is fitted woth an 4-pin molex and a PWM plug. Do i need to plug in just the molex, just the PWM or both. And where do i plug in the PWM? In the CPU-fan header or somewhere else? Or do i plug in the radiator fan in the CPU-fan header?

Solution
No, you need to connect only one of those connectors for the pump, PWM (4pin) would be controllable when connected to appropriate place on the MB. That would be Wpump_fan (or similar name) if it exists, AiO_pump if it exists or SYS_FAN if it's only option. They could also be 3pin fans and it's speed controlled by Voltage instead of PWM.
if connected to molex, speed would not be controllable or even detected.
CPU_FAN connector use for radiator fan(s).
No, you need to connect only one of those connectors for the pump, PWM (4pin) would be controllable when connected to appropriate place on the MB. That would be Wpump_fan (or similar name) if it exists, AiO_pump if it exists or SYS_FAN if it's only option. They could also be 3pin fans and it's speed controlled by Voltage instead of PWM.
if connected to molex, speed would not be controllable or even detected.
CPU_FAN connector use for radiator fan(s).

Solution