PWM fan suggestions

_Epix_

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Im building a PC and I want to get some fans to replace the stock fans. I want a fan with PWM because I own a NZXT Sentry 3 and I want to connect the fan to it. Any good fan suggestions?
feel free to comment below :)

Thanks In Advance :D

_Epix_

Reputable
May 7, 2014

I like the Noctua fan, but the color does not match my build (red,black)

If you have LED's, they really don't look bad.

Wait a minute. The NZXT is a fan controller, and a PWM fan is for the motherboard to control, so getting a PWM fan would be pointless for everything besides the CPU cooler. You can still control a 3 pin fan with a fan controller.

For the Corsair h80i, get the Nocyua NF-F12 fans. Just get one and have it pulling air through and not pushing it through. You wont be able to see tha fan, and if it was a big deal, you could always just paint the side. That fan is inaudible and has a major affect in temperatures. And you don't need two fans for it. If you have to

For case fans, look at Corsair's AF red LED fans (I don't know what size you need but they come in 120mm and 140mm). They will go nice in your build. If you don't want the LED's, the standard AF fans from them are good. Only get quiet edition Corsair fans.

Actually I just remembered that Noctua has black fans coming out.

Wait a minute. The NZXT is a fan controller, and a PWM fan is for the motherboard to control, so getting a PWM fan would be pointless for everything besides the CPU cooler. You can still control a 3 pin fan with a fan controller.

For the Corsair h80i, get the Nocyua NF-F12 fans. Just get one and have it pulling air through and not pushing it through. You wont be able to see tha fan, and if it was a big deal, you could always just paint the side. That fan is inaudible and has a major affect in temperatures. And you don't need two fans for it. If you have to

For case fans, look at Corsair's AF red LED fans (I don't know what size you need but they come in 120mm and 140mm). They will go nice in your build. If you don't want the LED's, the standard AF fans from them are good. Only get quiet edition Corsair fans.

Fan controllers can use pulse width modulation as well.

Noctua has black fans coming out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4vUO2T-48

_Epix_

Reputable
May 7, 2014

thanks for the suggestion, looks nice

_Epix_

Reputable
May 7, 2014

When are the fans going to be in stores? And will they be expensive?

NCIXUS.com I believe has them now, and amazon will soon. They will be pricey and a bit louder (they can spin at higher RPM's) than regular Noctua fans (but you can lower the RPM obviously). The reason why is because they are industrial (they are waterproof, dust proof, etc).

_Epix_

Reputable
May 7, 2014

thanks for the help :) gonna look into the noctua fans

TRENDING THREADS