[SOLVED] PWM Fans Help

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have installed 2 new "UpHere" PWM fans on my case as exhaust in the top of it, my problem is that one of them is running on low RPM and doesn't change at all from Gigabyte App Center or even from the BIOS, i have tried to calibrate it, chang the speed manually, load a profile from another fan, but it still running at around 200-300 rpm. The other PWM fan is running great at range of 1100 to 1300rpm.

My Mobo is X470 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte, and fans are connected PWM at SYSTEM1 and SYSTEM2 fans.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You may have your fan headers configured differently on a small detail. So check them for the two headers you are using, recognizing the each header is configured separately. See your manual. p. 27. For each header, verify that the "Fan/Pump Control Mode" is set to PWM, which your fans need. Using the Voltage option by mistake could cause low fan speed. Fan Speed Control should be "Normal" unless you are using custom fan "curves". Both Fan Control Use Temperature Input should be Motherboard, not CPU. If you change any setting, remeber to SAVE and EXIT through the Exit Menu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Swap headers with the one that spins good. The motherboard controls the header via the headers temp sensor.

If the fan runs uber slow still, it's a fan issue. If there's no change and the fast fan now runs slow/slow fan now runs fast, then it's a header issue and that is either a setting in bios/software or bad mobo

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You may have your fan headers configured differently on a small detail. So check them for the two headers you are using, recognizing the each header is configured separately. See your manual. p. 27. For each header, verify that the "Fan/Pump Control Mode" is set to PWM, which your fans need. Using the Voltage option by mistake could cause low fan speed. Fan Speed Control should be "Normal" unless you are using custom fan "curves". Both Fan Control Use Temperature Input should be Motherboard, not CPU. If you change any setting, remeber to SAVE and EXIT through the Exit Menu.

Reactions: Karadjgne
Solution

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Thanks Pape.. I will try some of these tips, i have tried to change the headers to pump and system and still the same problem, and it is set in BIOS to PWM, will check again specially the temparature thingie.

TRENDING THREADS