[SOLVED] PWR_LED is red - Asus Strix Z270F Gaming LGA1151

Jun 30, 2021
Hello,

I built my PC few years ago and my computer worked well during that time. Recently, I changed my tower case so I moved my old config to the new tower case.
I checked many time if I plugged well all the composants and I am sure that everything is fine. But nothing work, the power supply fan doesn't work too, I can only see the colors led from the motherboard.
I also have a red led called "PWR_LED" that is always red.
I tried to reset the motherboard and weirdly, it worked for a minute then when I unplugged the power supply and plug back it didn't work.

Link of my motherboard: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z270f-gaming-model/
I attached pictures into this post (please be nice on the cable management haha, I will fix it when it's going to work again) .

IMG-5642-copie.jpg

IMG-5643-copie.jpg

IMG-5645.png

Thank you for your help

bignastyid

Titan
Did you use standoffs between the case and the motherboard? Because in that last pic it looks like there is very little room between the motherboard and the tray. I can also count atleast 2 missing screws for the motherboard. Why are you using thumbscrews to hold the motherboard down?

Ram is also installed in the wrong slots for dual channel operation.

Cable managment needs some work.

Jun 30, 2021
Did you use standoffs between the case and the motherboard? Because in that last pic it looks like there is very little room between the motherboard and the tray. I can also count atleast 2 missing screws for the motherboard. Why are you using thumbscrews to hold the motherboard down?

Ram is also installed in the wrong slots for dual channel operation.

Cable managment needs some work.
Hi,
Thank you for your prompt response.

What do you mean by "there is a little room between the motherboard and the tray"?

I put the 2 missing screws that I forgot but it's still doesn't work..

thank you

Jun 30, 2021
It looks like you mounted the motherboard to the motherboard tray in the case without standoffs. This would case a massive short between the board and the case which would case it not to turn on and could damage motherboard and other components.
I took out the motherboard from the tower case and It's still doesn't work 😕
Do you think the Motherboard is dead?

Thank you

bignastyid

Titan
Ok, good news is I see standoffs, so must have just been the angle of the picture. However I did notice the cpu is not secured down 1 corner is loose and the other 3 are held down with a retaining washer?

Jun 30, 2021
Ok, good news is I see standoffs, so must have just been the angle of the picture. However I did notice the cpu is not secured down 1 corner is loose and the other 3 are held down with a retaining washer?
Yes the 3 corners are held down with the retaining washer.
i will put the one I forgot then I will tell you

bignastyid

Titan
Try it striped down to the min required to post. Cpu, power, and 1 stick of ram in slot A2(2nd slot from cpu). So no gpu or other pci-e/pci cards and no ssds, hdds or optical drives. Plug the monitor into the motherboard. Also incase the igpu is disabled reset bios defaults(page 1-9 of the manual details how to do this).

Jun 30, 2021
Try it striped down to the min required to post. Cpu, power, and 1 stick of ram in slot A2(2nd slot from cpu). So no gpu or other pci-e/pci cards and no ssds, hdds or optical drives. Plug the monitor into the motherboard. Also incase the igpu is disabled reset bios defaults(page 1-9 of the manual details how to do this).
I reset bios default following the link you sent me and it's still doesn't work. I see nothing on my monitor screen.
The monitor knows that there is an entry coming but it doesn't show the bios.

Should I use an HDMI cable instead of the Display Port Cable?

IMG-5655-copie.jpg

Thank you