Pyramid PC Will Make Stargate Fans Drool

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]spoofedpacket[/nom]I'm sure his wife is even more thrilled about Ha'tak vessel on the desktop than a small PC with a couple of cables sticking out.[/citation]
LOL my thoughts exactly. Shes OK with a gold spaceship instead?!!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
*drools* The only thing that could be better would be a puddle jumper or some sort of console from Atlantis. Action wise I liked SG-1 a bit better, but visually Atlantis and the Ancient tech there is a cooler looking

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Hamers resolved the issue by adding additional fans that would blow the hot air out through the bottom of they pyramid.
I'm not an engineer, but it seems to me he would have got better result with adding a single fan at the op of the pyramid. Hot hair goes up, not down, and the pyramid shape will concentrate the heat at the top spot. Adding small holes in the tiles design would have preserved the look.

Pretty nice work anyway. Wish I had such manual skills.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Wow. There is always someone out there to let me know that I'm really not that far over on the geeky scale. Nice work though.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
@zak Ask yourself, why does hot air rise? As air warms, it expands. Expanding air will not want to naturally flow to the top of the pyramid, an ever narrowing space. Which is probably why the original ventilation holes were not enough. So, instead of fighting nature, blow it out the bottom.

G

[citation][nom]jabliese[/nom]why does hot air rise? As air warms, it expands. Expanding air will not want to naturally flow to the top of the pyramid, an ever narrowing space. Which is probably why the original ventilation holes were not enough. So, instead of fighting nature, blow it out the bottom.[/citation]ROTFLMMFAO :D
That's the Best explanation of Politics 101 I've ever heard!

Either that, or why we Fart so friggin much!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I must admit I love it. Heh and would even buy the outer part. I could do the frame up, but theres no way I could get it to look as nice as he did.

[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]I'm not an engineer, but it seems to me he would have got better result with adding a single fan at the op of the pyramid. Hot hair goes up, not down, and the pyramid shape will concentrate the heat at the top spot. Adding small holes in the tiles design would have preserved the look.Pretty nice work anyway. Wish I had such manual skills.[/citation]
Given enough flow and pressure, you can move air any way you like, including hot air with out much of a performance hit (ie. .2C variance or so).

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]godnodog[/nom]You wanna know what would made me drool?The return of SG1 and Atlantis franchise[/citation]
Ah, yes. The good ol' days. Stupid Sci Fi* for canceling them.

*(I absolutely refuse to use the new spelling of Sci Fi that they use now)

Status
Not open for further replies.